TWENTY ONE

[ xxi

[ xxi. CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ]

Alex Verona exhales sharply, looking at the camera in front of her then back at Noah Foster. "Okay, start." he whispers, waving bye as he left his room as Alex clicked on the button.

"You are on live with Alex Verona, yeah not really because I'll most likely be dead. Hopefully no one gets to see this video, especially Jake but anyways, This whole 'If I die...' video idea seems morbid but anyways I might as well start right? To my dad, thank you for giving me what any daughter would've wanted. You are my only family, and I have no idea what I would do without you. Brooke, you are so full of light and I just want you to continue just being you, sorry boys but Ms Maddox is mine so back off. Emma, you are going to get through this, I promise you. You are so strong and I admire you for that. Noah and Audrey, we haven't talked to each other at all before the killings have started but ever since everything has happened. I'm glad that you two are my friends, really. No other duo can ever make me laugh as much as you do. To Jake, if you are watching this Fitzgerald... it's going to get real. I'm not sure how we went from you calling me princess when we were what six years old? To a complete pervert and then to the man that I love, my boyfriend Jake Fitzgerald. Thank you for just being part of my life, you are the only person I can count on and just seeing your face brightens my day. It's always been me and Jake but anyways enough Nicholas Sparks talk, I just hope wherever I am, I could get to see how you guys have grown, literally I love you guys so much. It's been real Lakewood, a little bit to real for my liking." Alex shuts off the camera, now sighing as she leaned on Noah's chair.

"Noah! I'm done!" Alex shouts from his bedroom while Noah walks in, grabbing the camera.

"Today's the day." Noah tells Alex as he sat on his bed. Alex sighs, biting down her bottom lip. "Yeah, it is. Emma's coming home." Alex adds, grabbing her leather jacket from the chair next to her.

"You think she'll be okay?" Noah asks, sounding concern while Alex nods, rubbing her temple with her index finger. "Hopefully, she's gone through all this shit. I just want her to be happy, you know?" the brunette replies, huffing getting off of the chair. As she was about to leave, she turns back and eyes Noah.

"You are going to Emma's welcome home party aren't you?" she questions, folding her arms together as she leaned on the wooden door.

"Yeah, I'm going later on with Audrey. I'll meet you there." Noah responds with a smile on his face while Alex smiles back. "Okay, see you." she finishes, leaving the Foster's home.

Alex Verona walks over to her new black jeep, hopping into the driver's seat. She clenches onto the wheel but didn't start the engine. She felt herself reliving the events on what happened during that october, then she put her mind somewhere else.

"Alex!" her father, James calls out from the main floor while Alex was finishing the last of her homework. She places her notebook on her bed before walking downstairs.