FOUR

[ iv

[ iv. CHAPTER FOUR ]

Alex heard her phone chiming a couple of thousand times then she realized she might as well get out of bed. She reached over to get her phone from her night stand. A text from Jake.

Where are you?

She furrowed her eyebrows. "It's 7am and he's asking me where I am?" Alex muttered to herself.  Then she just took in the time. It's actually 9am. Oh fuck, I'm late. She bite her lip nervously. "Might as well get breakfast. If I'm going to be late I shouldn't be late on a empty stomach." she mumbled to herself. Alex kept scrolling through her notifications.

Missed Call. Unknown.

"Why can't I get a break? Girl's got to sleep." she grumbled. She kept scrolling through her phone, a text from Brooke as well.

Need you. ASAP.

Alex made herself a quick breakfast and then took a quick shower. Tying her hair up in a ponytail because she thought her hair is just a big mess. Putting on a regular t-shirt and jeans with her ankle boots she was off to go. Alex checked the time once she was finished with everything. 9:41am. "Fuck." she swore to herself.

First period already finished. She scrolling through her contacts and called Jake. "Yo!" He answered. "Jake. Can you pick me up?" Alex asked politely but also in a rush as she was struggling to adjust her necklace that Brooke gave her for her 16th birthday which was a couple of months ago.

"Badass Alex, not going to class?" she huffed. "Jake just pick me up, I'm already late as it is." Alex demanded. "Demanding... I like that in a woman. Give me five." Then he hung up. One of the cons of not having a car anymore, always got to rely on someone to drive you or walk but majority of the time I don't feel like walking.

Alex heard numerous honks from outside seeing it was Jake obnoxiously honking his monster truck. She struck him the middle finger as she locked the door behind her and hopped into his truck. "So, what's your excuse?" He asks as he drove to school. "Slept in." Alex responded with a yawn, covering her mouth. "Seems like you had quite a sleep, dreaming about me?" He smirked, she threw him a light punch. "It's almost 10 and you're already acting violent towards The Jake. I say that's a world record." he stated.

"Profound to be exact." she fired back at him. They arrived to school, rushing. Fast walking to language arts. Seeing as only Jake and Alex were late. They hurried back to their seats and let Mr. Branson continue his lesson, seeing how the pair earned glares from Mr. Br.

"See Aristotle asked. 'Why are we here? What is the meaning of life in the face of death?'" Mr. Branson continues. "Bet Tyler's wondering same thing right about now." Jake interrupts. "Thank you Jake." Mr. Branson says as he is continuing his lesson looking around the classroom. Alex raised a eyebrow over his actions. Jake chuckles along with one of the jock members, Liam. She rolled her eyes.