THREE

[ iii

[ iii. CHAPTER THREE ]

The next morning Alex woke up and went downstairs for a quick breakfast. "Jake?" she called out wondering if he's still here or left. She looked around her surroundings, guess he left. She grabbed a chocolate muffin and a banana from the counter and turned on the TV. "Nina Patterson's death..-" she switched the channel. "Teen slashed-" switched the channel. "The Patterson family suffer-" Alex just turned off the TV. "Nina must enjoying the attention." she muttered to herself. Alex put her phone on shuffle and blasted her earphones.

I'm sick, and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me

She sang along to The Neighbourhood. As she finishes her food, Alex went back upstairs taking off Jake's t-shirt she started to walk back to her room to take a shower. Then her eyes widen when she noticed she wasn't the only one in her bed room.

"Jake!" Alex screamed in embarrassment covering herself with his t-shirt. "I called you and you didn't answer." she scolded, looking around to at least find a pair of shorts. "I was using your shower, I didn't hear you." He confirmed, she took a notice that he was staring. "Stop looking at my boobs." Alex slapped his arm as she found a pair of shorts on the ground. She went into her bathroom trying to find a towel considering he took her own towel.

Alex got her tooth brush and tooth paste ready so she can brush her teeth. Looking over to her left seeing Jake staring Alex down. She tried not to look at his body. He does have nice arms. Just a nice body in general. "You're watching." Alex notified him. "I'm going." He smiled and closing the door to give his best friend some privacy as if he hasn't when she walked in half naked. "Sick." Alex shook her head, muttering to herself as she started to brush her teeth.

˚˚˚

Alex had finished getting ready, she walked downstairs seeing Jake still waiting for her. "Let's go!" Jake grabbed his keys and headed out. As the pair walked towards his car she mentioned what happened yesterday. The kiss. "It was nothing really." Alex told him as she put on her seat belt. "We were just in the moment." she explained not wanting to sound harsh. Before he even got in his truck he looked pissed looking at the side of his truck. She furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" Alex asked, now taking off her seat belt and getting out of the truck to go over to his side. There was red paint everywhere and it was 'DOOSH' spelt on his truck.

"Oh my god. Come on at least spell it right!" Alex blurted out. "Son of a bitch." He growled. He got into his truck, his hands were on the wheel but didn't insert the keys in yet. "I'm sure your dad will fix it." she told him, attempting to make him feel better.

They still drove to school and he got out of that car so quick to find whoever did this. "Someone's ass is toast!" He yelled, Alex quickly ran after him before he makes a big mistake. "Yo!" He ran up to Noah. "Oh no." she mumbled to herself.