SIXTEEN

[ xvi

[ xvi. CHAPTER SIXTEEN ]

Alex rushed into first period, noticing Brooke wiggling her eyebrows at her. She quickly sat beside Brooke, pulling out her notebook for class. Alex glances over at Brooke, seeing the biggest smirk plastering her face. She covered her face with both of her hands, letting out a laugh. "Seems like you had a very pleasant morning." Brooke comments with a snicker.

Alex looks over at Brooke, flipping her the middle finger as the teacher began writing down notes for the students to copy. "You're bad girl streak is showing Alex." Brooke whispers, as Alex bite her bottom lip down.

She hasn't acted like this in a while, especially with her best friend. Though she does have feelings for him, Alex knows she needs to separate her actual feelings and lust because with both of them together she's messing with fire.

The group who are now being called as The Lakewood Seven sat together at lunch, discussing their plans for the present day. "Well, I live on my own now so we could have a party at my place." Kieran mentions as he took a bite of his sandwich. The rest of the five agreed, nodding. Alex looks up from her lunch seeing Jake smirking at her.

Brooke glances at the tanned boy and notices a small purple bruise on his neck. "Yikes, who got you now Jake?" she questions as she shoved a fry in her mouth. He licks his lip, glancing over at the brunette in front of him. "Why don't you ask your best friend over here." Jake chuckles. Underneath the table, Alex kicked him in result he groans in pain.

"You are very violent today, always attacking me." Jake comments as Alex blushes lightly. "Fuck you Fitzgerald." she mutters as she continues to eat. "Mhm." he hummers in response with a cheeky smile on his face. The group exchanged looks at one another.

"Anyways, how is your podcast doing Noah?" Alex asks, now putting her focus towards the brown haired boy. "It's actually pretty good so far, I was thinking about interviews for all of us and I got an idea but it isn't for the podcast. We basically record ourselves our finally goodbyes, it will be 'If I die...' videos. Great right?" Noah questions, looking at the group with a great smile on his face.

"Kind of morbid but I'm up for it." Alex answers, with everyone agreeing. "Do I have to?" Brooke asks with a begging look on her face as the blonde stares at Noah.

˚˚˚

Alex and Brooke entered Kieran's home, already the home is blasting with music. The two noticed Kieran staring at his father's bedroom door, and walking past it. The blonde and brunette exchange sympathic looks and then greet everyone.

Alex was about to get herself a drink until someone beat her to it. She looks up seeing it's her best friend. "Here." he told her, handing her a drink. Alex thanks Jake as the two walked around the party. The pair stopped by the hallway. Alex leaned on the wall as so did Jake, the two were facing each other.