On the way back to her house, Ceaser's mind went back to what Jules had said. He didn't know what to think anymore about her. She clearly loved Ivy and thought Ivy's biological parents gave her up. If she only knew the complete story.

"Thanks for dinner tonight." Jules said when Ceaser placed the car seat back in her car and shut the door "And the company, it was refreshing."

He smiled looking at her.
"Same here."

Silence.

"I should..." She began.

"Yea." They walked to her door and he unlocked it as Ivy stirred in Jules' arms.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He said.

She smiled at him before entering the house and shut the door behind her. She locked the door and went upstairs to Ivy's room ignoring the giddy feeling in her stomach. She placed Ivy in her crib not wanting to disturb her, she took off her dress and removed the headband and her shoes, leaving her in only her diapers, she kissed her cheek before leaving the room.

Jules went to her room shutting the door only slightly. She picked her nightie from her closet and went to the bathroom to change. She washed her face clean from makeup then got into bed with a silly smile on her face.

She was beat and as soon as her head touched the pillow, she was out like a light.

Ceaser didn't know what to think or do next. His next move was jumbled up in his head due to some facts he had learned about Jules at dinner or maybe it was because of the weird feeling he had when she was around or when he thought of her. A feeling he couldn't place yet.

He was beyond confused about the whole situation. This wasn't part of his plan and he wasn't supposed to get emotionally involved with his daughter's mother. Not that he was emotionally involved but he had a feeling he was on his way there.

There was no need denying it.

He called Tom immediately. He was still on his way back home.

"Sir?" He said after he answered the phone

"You didn't give me the full information about my daughter's guardian," Ceaser told him

"I was going to tell you everything but you..."

"I want that file tomorrow. Make sure it's up to date. I want everything you can get on her. Who she's with every second of the day, I also want the police records on her. Parking tickets, jail time and the rest...everything."

"You want to start piling her information to make a case?" He asked

"No." He was confused about what to do. He just needed everything Tom could get on her so next time he wouldn't be surprised by anything.

"'Because it doesn't look like she's had a second of jail time"

Of course, he knew that.
"I just want everything you have on her!" Ceaser snapped at him and ended the call.

He sighed in the car space.

He needed to get his head straight and he had to stop thinking about her. She always had a way of sneaking into his head, into his thoughts and it wasn't helping the situation, 'his' situation. He had to do something quick about it before things escalated and got complicated for him.

He pulled into his driveway and switched the engine off. He sighed trying to clear his thoughts before he entered his house but then he picked up her scent.

Vanilla.

And now his damn car smelled of her.

Well, how the heck was he supposed to clear his thoughts off her if his car smells of her.