Chapter Thirty-Six: This Is Goodbye

so sorry for the late update!! i had to study for exams these past two weeks and i was so stressed i didn't have any time to upload, but here's the chapter...

apologizing in advance

Chapter Thirty-Six: This Is Goodbye

I spread my arms wide, knowing it will distract my father and buy me some time; letting all the darkness in my veins travel throughout my body.

When I open my eyes, I can feel the darkness clouding in them.

The death of my grandparents no longer affected me, it was like I had switched off my humanity and everything that made me, me.

Malum gasps, dropping his hands, staring openly into my once-bright blue eyes.

I smirk, a new sense of calm washing over me, "you're not the only one that has a story, Malum. I've got one too, and unfortunately this one has everything to do with you."

I see Derek starting to move towards us and fight the impulse to scream at him to stay back. I needed to stay focused and it didn't matter how dark I believed myself to be, because I wasn't willing to let Derek get hurt in the process.

My father glances at me in horror, "I can't read your thoughts, it's-its like you're blocked."

"It's not so fun is it?" I ask him, my voice taunting. "It's called privacy. It's called allowing people to have control over their own thoughts."

I grip the book in my hands tightly, not wanting to let it go. "Things don't have to be this way," I try foolishly, "you can change. You said so yourself, evil isn't a state of being, it's a choice. You can choose to be good. All you need to do is forget about the negativity and all the things that have happened."

Malum shakes his head, laughing at me, "the past has made me who I am.  It's why I'm standing here today."

A muscle in his jaw locks and I know he's quickly growing bored, "I've got plans, Skylar, I don't have time for this nonsense. You need to get out of my way, I really no longer care how it happens. You're exactly like your mom, poking your nose in places where it doesn't belong; that's what got her killed, remember?"

I shake my head firmly, taking a breath, "you're not going to kill me. You said so yourself; you need me. Without me alive your plan will never work."

"I guess we're going to have to do this the hard way then," he mutters under his breath, before opening his hand and a knife appears in it.

He withdraws it and turns towards Derek, steadying his hand and aiming to throw.

Right at Derek's lower abdomen.

Where the sacral chakra is located.

I gasp, realization washing over me.

His weak chakra.

Malum is aiming right at it, ready to kill him. He knows what Derek's weak chakra is, and I can only sit back and hope Derek does too.

The sacral chakra was all about learning to deal with your emotions.

But Derek wasn't like that.

All the guilt and shame and confusion that he's had over the past eighteen years is bottled up inside of him, and he hides it instead of seeking help.

I'm not going to let Derek die because of the plan that I have going on in my head. I may be made of darkness but I'm also made of so much love for that one human it almost hurt.