Synopsis

Seventeen year old Skylar Midnight always thought she'd been an ordinary girl; she knows exactly what to expect when it comes to a person with causalities. Going through high school without much of a second glance, she knows more than anyone else that life is hard, and sometimes it doesn't get any better. It's always been that way for her, ever since the night her mom allegedly died in a car accident when she was only four years old. After that, nothing was ever the same.

She lived her life in constant wondering how different things would've been if her mom was still alive. Hoping her father was always a part of her life; Skylar never really knew what love was. But all of this starts to change when extraordinarily handsome, alarmingly mysterious, and profoundly different Derek Winters moves to town and quite literally knocks Skylar off of her feet. Realizing her family comes from a long line of immortals with special powers was enough for Skylar to open her eyes.

The table in Skylar's plans start to turn and emotions start to push through the surface when she realizes she may not be as ordinary as she thought, and leaving Belmount may not be as easy as she always wanted it to be. Shocking truths are revealed; new people come to town, important plots are unleashed, betrayal and trust and loyalty start to surface, and Skylar is left wondering how to deal with it all.

But what happens when she starts to fall in love with the one person she knows she shouldn't? When she creates friendships and relationships with people like no other? When her father moves to town and she's left with facing the reality that nothing is ever going to be the same? When she realizes her mom was murdered and the person that killed her won't stop until they have Skylar and all of her friends and family dead as well?

Will Skylar learn to love and trust the people around her before its too late? Or will her inability to see the worst in people ruin the world and life as she knows it?