Chapter Twenty-Three: It Wasn't An Accident

ikik i didn't update last week IM SORRY

Chapter Twenty-Three: It Wasn't An Accident

Malum drops me off at the front entrance and tells me he's going to park the car and meet me inside. I'm too worried about Aislinn to interfere and ask him to wait where he is, so instead, I jump out of the car as quickly as I can and practically attack the door as I burst inside.

I stop at the front desk and am about to open my mouth when the lady sitting behind the counter points her finger at me in an indication to wait.

I drum my finger against the desk impatiently, watching her intently as she nods her head and responds to the person she's talking to on the other end of the phone.

"I'm here Aislinn Futurm, she was just admitted a couple of minutes ago-"

She cuts me off with a glare and I huff impatiently.

I try again a minute later, "could you just tell me what floor she's-" this time, she completely ignores me so I don't bother finishing my sentence.

I lose my shit two minutes later.

"Look lady," I growl, "I'm pretty sure you're here to help visitors, not tick them off. Now I don't know if my friend is dead or alive or what even happened to her al all, so if you could kindly point me in the direction she's staying it'd be great."

She glances up at me and raises her eyebrow, "if you can't already tell, I'm kind of busy," she says in a snotty voice, gesturing to the phone in her hand.

I stare at her incredulously, "How long does it take to search up the name on your stupid computer and tell me which floor she's staying on?"

"You need to wait your turn," she glares at me. "There are other people that are in need of medical and visitation help."

I glare at her, and wait another two minutes before sarcastically thanking her for her help and head to the east wing, my instinct telling me that that's the way to go.

I hear her calling me from behind me. "Excuse me, you need to sign in."

Oh, now she answers me.

I ignore her and continue walking.

She calls out to me again, "It's our policy for all visitors to sign in."

I don't stop walking as I say, "sign in for me."

"But I don't know your name," she says in irritation, as if I'm the stupid one.

"Maybe you would if you helped me," I mutter as I press the elevator button.

I step in and stare blankly at the number of floors, unsure of what to do from here.

I look at it for a couple of seconds before pressing the number three, certain for some reason, that she's on that floor, and wait as the elevator lurches forward, wondering what's taking Malum so long to park the car.

When the doors open, I rush past the nurses at the desk, figuring they won't be much help and wander the halls, letting my instincts take over and guide me to where I need to go.

I keep turning corners, trying my best not to shudder every time I pass a room with someone in it. Something about hospitals really creeped me out, though I was never sure why, I hadn't spent much time in one when I was younger.

When my mother died, she wasn't sent to the hospital because she was pronounced dead at the scene. So I didn't have to spend days in the waiting rooms, hoping and praying that things were okay, only to learn that she was dead after a bunch of frantic nurses exploded from her hospital room.