Chapter Twelve: A Promise

new update as promised;). we've got some major stuff happening in this chapter. I think you're going to like it

Chapter Twelve: A Promise

When I wake, I have no idea where I am. My eyes flutter open slowly as I try to familiarize my surroundings. I move to sit up when an agonizing pain pierces through the left side of my head, clouding my vision for a few moments. I stay still, trying to remember the events that happened before I passed out.

I give up and tenderly touch my head, wincing in pain when my fingers come in contact with an open wound that has dried up blood coating it's surface.

I freeze when I hear a voice, closing my eyes as a hand comes down to touch my face, "she hasn't moved since we brought her here," the voice says, sounding oddly familiar.

"Yea that's what happens when you faint and bang your head on cement floor." I recognize that sarcasm anywhere, it's Aidenn.

"Are you saying that this is my fault? How was I supposed to know what was in the janitors closet?" Derek spits at him as he removes his hand from my face.

I stay still, knowing that one of them will notice if I so much as breathe too heavily when a memory comes to mind. It shows me walking towards an empty hallway and leaves as fast as it came.

"No, what I'm saying is that it's your fault she hit the ground as hard as she did," Aidenn points out, his voice pinched with annoyance and I can practically see him rolling his eyes.

Derek scoffs, "I'd really like to know how, in your messed up brain, that was my fault. It really continues to amaze me how dumb you are. And as for Skylar, I didn't know what was happening until I heard her scream; I realized too late that she had fainted, I couldn't have stopped her even if I tried."

"That's your excuse? Maybe you should've gone with her. If you were with her when it happened, you could have caught her before she fell." Aidenn whispers dangerously.

"Oh and what about you?" Derek says, I could tell he was glaring daggers at him, even though I was facing the opposite way, "what's your excuse, you're the foreseer, you could've helped her or told me what was going to happen, but instead you decided it was best to sit back and watch."

I roll my eyes at both of them, finding it unbelievably ridiculous that their fighting about this right now.

I hear Aidenn shrug as the fabric of his shirt moves against his moving shoulders. "I'm a foreseer, not a psychic dumbass; I can't predict the near future. And not to be rude, but Skye isn't really my first priority."

"You were hers when you were passed out on the floor, and if I remember correctly, she was the one who brought you back in the first place when she could've easily left you exactly as you were," Derek growls, staring at him incredulously.

"I think I know that, and I thanked her, but to be honest with you she didn't do it out of the kindness of her heart. She did it because I was in her head and no one wants me in their head. But then again, it were you, I'd probably still be dead."

I try not to smirk but fail miserably because I know Derek really probably would've left him there.

"Well why didn't you go with her if you're just so grateful?" Derek glares at him.

"Sorry but if I remember correctly," he says, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "I was trying to contain my hysterical sister. Maybe you'd understand what she was going through if you lost some things and not have everything handed to you on a silver platter."