Chapter 15

"What? How could this be?" I frantically asked, now on the verge of tears. "I subjected myself to a rape kit, gave you all the details needed to make an arrest and yet still, you're telling me that investigations are still ongoing, pending a new witness? This is absolutely unbelievable!"

"Mr. Anderson, we've received some information from our witness that conflicts with your account of what occured." Detective Ramsden said pulling his chair a bit closer to the table.

"Where was this witness when we yelled for help that night, in the alleyway? I can't believe this detective! Why isn't the victim's word is not enough? Haven't Chad and I been put through enough already?" The tears were now streaming down my face and my voice cracking, because I simply couldn't fathom the idea of Collin getting away with this. "I know who's responsible for this and I've told you who he is detective. Collin Rockwell and his goons did this to Chad and I!"

"What is the relationship between you and Mr. Rockwell, Mr. Anderson?"

"What do you mean relationship? There's no relationship between Collin and I." I retorted in disbelief. "What is it that you're trying to get at?"

"Well our witness informed us that you and Collin were involved in a secret relationship with eachother."

"What? With all due respect detective Ramsden, this is completely ludicrous!" I said now visibly angry. "If Collin and I supposedly has a secret relationship, how is it that said witness was in on it?  My boyfriend is Chad detective. He's been my first and only boyfriend. We haven't even had sex as yet because I'm still- I mean I was still a virgin who didn't want to rush into sex."

"Hmm...Well tell me again in detail, how you met Mr. Rockwell and retrace the events leading up to that night." He asked leaning back into his chair and unbuttoning his blazer. I couldn't believe that I was being interrogated when I'm the one who's been abused.

After meticulously recalling and retracing in detail, I was so emotionally spent, that I bluntly asked to leave. I pulled on my sweaterand grabbed my book bag before darting out to the precinct lobby. Keisha was there listening to music or her phone and immediately flew up when she noticed me.

"Gabe what's wrong?" She asked quickly chasing after me.

"Keisha, I can't believe what I just heard."

"What happened in there Gabriel?" She asked pulling me back to a halt. "What did they say to you just now?"

"Keisha we need to get to Chad's place, I'll explain everything to everyone there." She acquiesced and I was relieved because I really didn't wanna have to repeat myself.

----------

When we got back on campus, I told Keish to head on over to Chad's place while I grabbed Gerrard, who wasn't answering his phone. As I approached the door, I heard strange noises coming from inside. Immediately, panic and fear came over me. Did Collin and his sidekicks come attack my brother because I visited the police today? Thoughts such as those began to flood my mind, causing a frantic search for for my keys. I wasn't gonna let Collin and his crew jump my brother without at least me helping him take down one of them.

After fighting with the door nob to let me in, I burst into the living room ready for a war. To my surprise, Gerrard wasn't the one being beaten; he was beating up Vanessa's lady parts on our couch!

 To my surprise, Gerrard wasn't the one being beaten; he was beating up Vanessa's lady parts on our couch!