Part 1

Rain poured down heavily on the lonely manor

Rain poured down heavily on the lonely manor. The fire flickered on the wall adjacent to him as Dean Winchester took his eyes away from his computer. He looked at the clock before picking up his mug and heading out of the office. Nala, his St. Bernard lifted her big head as he passed by but decided to not follow him. The floorboards creaked underneath him as he passed one of the various windows to the hall that led to the kitchen.

He flicked on the light and surveyed the room. The countertops were made of cold blue marble, the drawers made of a dark warm wood, whilst every other apparatus in the room shone silver in the light. His brother Sam was out on vacation with his girlfriend so he was all alone in the big manor. There was nobody residing here besides him so the dishes were starting to pile up in the sink. Dean walked over to the kettle and flipped the switch on. While he waited for the water to boil Dean rubbed in between his eyes. He spent most of his days on the computer writing his latest novel but recently felt a lack of inspiration. When the water was ready he poured it in his mug before adding a teabag of earl grey to it. Dean walked over to the fridge and grabbed the milk. He poured some milk and sugar in the tea before switching off the light and heading back to his office.

The rain pounded hard against the windows and made it impossible for him to see outside. His breath fogged up the window as he pressed his forehead against it. He would go to bed soon after an hour or so more of working. He sat back in the comfy armchair and was ready to write the next line before he heard the doorbell chime. He looked down at the screen. It was half past eleven. Who could it be at this hour?