Chapter 3: Oliver

(A/N: Yes, I'm very aware that there's a small ponytail and that the smaller person in the picture is probably a female, just pretend its a guy.)

     The Nurses are all telling me things at once, trying to calm me down, but I'm not listening and I'm not calming down. I can't.

I'm covered in tears and sweat and blood and puke and I'm crying and I'm scared and I just want Marco to hold me like he was and never let go. I'm shaking as they take me in a stretcher to the closest room and my sobs act up again.

I feel bad for the people trying to calm me down, I really want to but I can't. I'm shaking at the thought of the amount of blood I'm losing and I feel vomit rise up my throat, but I swallow, forcing it down.

Marco was so angry the drive here and it scared me but I'm glad he could come to get me, that bastard. My eyes flit around as I'm pushed into the room and by this point the Nurses are holding me down and I don't know what to do so I just cry.

They quickly move me from the stretcher and to the bed and before I know it I have a breathing mask to steady my heart rate and my sleeve is slightly pushed up to give me a shot of anesthetic. My breath catches in my throat and I grip the metal railing as I feel the needle enter in my skin.

The stupid nurses are so panicked they don't know what to do with themselves, they didn't even numb the area before giving me the shot. This makes me believe I must've cut myself somewhere major and I can't help but begin to wheeze. 

A taller male which I'm guessing is the anesthetic doctor yells to a short blonde about putting something somewhere but I'm not paying attention, I just want to be asleep while they do whatever they're going to do to me.

A lady with really gross breath is whispering in my ear and telling me that it's going to be okay and I just ignore her, trying to calm my breaths as I wheeze into my mask. Eventually the short blonde girl that the anesthetic doctor was yelling at gets her game up and before I know it I'm inhaling a thick cloud of sweet smelling gas. It kind of tastes like watermelon and I'm guessing Marco told them that was the candy flavor I liked. Unless they made a lucky guess.

I fill my thoughts cloud and I'm slowly fluttering off to slumber as the airy substance fills my lungs and I plow into a man-made sleep.

• • •

My eyes strain to open. I'm so so so tired, that anesthetic stuff must've been strong. The lights in which I'm guessing is the recovery room are dim, probably so I didn't feel like I was waking up to an interrogation lamp. It's still bright to my tired eyes though, and I squint to hide the sleep from my eyes.

My breaths are raspy and my air supply is short so I fumble my hands up to the mask that is knocked off slightly, pushing it over my blue lips. I look up at the ceiling where a mirror is situated directly above me.

I'm a mess.

My brown hair is strewn all over my face and my skin is deadly pale. My lips are a greenish blue and I can hardly open my eyes fully, large black bags decorating my skin beneath them. 

I must've been cleaned up because I'm wearing a hospital gown and I'm not covered in puke and blood anymore.

Damnit, I like that Hetalia shirt.

I let out a shaky sigh and my sleepy eyes follow a weird puzzle pattern across the wall to a digital clock, thank god, there's no way I can read an analog right now.

It's now Two in the morning so I guess I was asleep for more than three hours. I look down at my frail body where crappy blue hospital "blankets" are strewn over my figure.