The New Us

CLEO'S POV:

Today was the day we decided what names we were having last night Lewis and I changed our surnames to Morgan we were practically married anyway we promised we would get married after war was over, Rikki and Zane changed their surnames to Rossito, Emma and Ash changed theirs to Reid and Bella and Will changed theirs to Jareau. we went along the lines that we had all been through so much with our other halves we might as well be part married until the real thing.

Today was also the day we move to Mako Island yes we knew it was dangerous but we had a plan a risky one and of it worked it worked we use our powers to create a patch of land underneath the moon pool with a protective layer to keep the water out inside that island were four stunning ice houses one for each family as well as a communal eating hall and living space. we felt like home it was home we didn't need money either things were beginning to look up. now all we can hope is Charlotte doesn't find out where we are.

It had been three days since the move to the island and the change of surnames as well as having to find new jobs without looking suspicious, we were waiting for this day like they say you can't have a rainbow without a little rain, well the rain has been now bring on the rainbow. It did just that. we were sat in the communal living space while Gracie rolled on the floor with Ash and Will who was becoming quite paternal i can see him being a great dad and now was that moment. Bella twitched next to me a slight baby bump showing under her tightly fitted dress "you okay?" I asked but I sort of hopes that her baby would be ok Emma stood up and ran to Bella "ok I know what's happening and I think you do too all you need to do is breathe and let this little merchild do it's thing. we were all worrying now Will had come rushing over to Bella holding her hand he kissed her head ever so softly as she struggled to breathe none of us knew if that was a good thing. A bright light shone out of Bella's stomach blinding everyone who looked at her but when it ended a very small baby boy was lying on her stomach with a light blue tail with blonde hair. "we're going to call him Mekhai" Will announced proudly we all fussed over this small bundle of joy until someone realised something was wrong lewis barged through us all with his medical training he knew what to do "come on little man" he kept saying as he did something with the child his back was toward us as we all waited "what's wrong with my baby" Bella shouted tears ran down her face Will hugged her they were the perfect couple, all was quiet Lewis turned slightly before delivering the shocking news "he's not breathing guys I don't know if I can save him" the floodgates opened everyone was crying and hoping he'll make it out alive.