The Coven

Cleo Pov:

Ok so things were now begining to get strange, we were sat in the cafe talking in hushed voices when these two girls come over one with long blonde hair with bright blue eyes and the other with long brown hair and blue eyes if it weren't for the hair colour i'd say they were sisters. we all looked up to see them looking at us analysing us they looked nice but like Emma said we can't make friends with people too easily i mean look what happened with Charlotte. It gets stranger "Sorry, are you Bella, Rikki, Emma and Cleo?" The blonde one looked at us all in turn waiting to see a reaction and boy did she get one we all looked at eachother fear and worry etched on our faces they could be the government spying on us or Charlotte's way of getting to us, It was a while before anyone spoke and they looked at us suspiciously "Who wants to know?" I asked it probably came across as being mean and rude it wasn't supposed to be but i couldn't risk it, with that they both turned away smiling and walked off towards the exit. Now it was weird we all turned our attention back to the table and carried on with our conversation in hushed voices "Who were they?" Rikki asked leaning over the table to whisper to us all "I don't know" Bella sounded worried but a rub on her back made her calm down "You don't think it could be the government" I probably sounded stupid but right now i had to know answers "Thats ridiculous" Emma said getting up signalling it was time for us all to depart to go to work although Rikki was technically at work. We agreed to meet back there after work which we do everyday but we still like to confirm. Emma took a left out of the door heading down the road towards the local park where me and Bella took a right towards the beach when we were stopped by the two girls "Sorry if we came across as secretive, we're lovely but we just can't have this conversation indoors. Could we please meet you guys and your partners after closing time we know Rikki runs the cafe?" They were pleading with us Bella looked at me and looked back to see the two girls staring infront of us "who are you?, How do you know our names?" Bella asked looking them both in the eyes "you wouldn't believe us if we told you , please let us explain though" Ok so that wasn't the answer we were looking for but whatever works. "Fine 8:30 tonight the cafe you have a lot of explaining to do" I stated which again could be seen as rude but it wasn't meant to be.They both nodded and turned walking the opposite direction "Do you think this is the right idea?" I asked before turning left into a different road which led to my well beloved job, Bella stopped and hugged me "We need answers and this is the only way to ge them see you after work" She said and with that she turned and carried on walking her long blonde ponytail swaying behind her, she was right but now it was Emma and Rikki i had to tell.

It was know 8pm and Emma and Rikki had loved the idea to my surprise, we entered the dimly lit cafe and sat at the table when a faint knock on the window signalled they had arrived. Rikki went to unlock the door leading them over to our table and letting them sit with us. They sat next to each other and held their hands tightly to their chests before looking us in the eye. "Well, what the hell is going on?" Rikki being the un subtle person she is from opposite them at the table looked annoyed "I think we should start from the begining, My name is Makayla and this is my sister Felicite" The blonde one stated looking at all of us in turn, "We've been following you for days, and we need to tell you something you may or not believe" Felicite said fiddling with the hem of her sleeve "You may or may not be aware that there are more mermaids than you 4" Felicite carried on with that we all turned to them both in dismay "Don't worry we know your secret and we are most certainly not going to tell anyone" Makayla said noticing our shocked and worried expressions "we are mermaids too" Felicite added in looking at their reactions we could tell they weren't lying "Ok so what do you do?" Rikki asked "Their are now 2 more mermaids who we know nothing about who have been stalking us for days" Rikki was pacing up and down "You know she's right we don't want you be awkward about this but we know about Charlotte and the government" Felicite carried on ignoring Rikki's constant pacing "Of course you have you've been stalking us" Rikki said slaming her hands on the table "No before then thats the reason we were stalking you. following you" Makayla looked scared and worried that if she said anything wrong Rikki might just hit her, "What do you mean?" Bella asked trying to turn Makayla's attention off Rikki "4 years ago Charlotte turned into a mermaid and the mermaid coven accepted her in and made her on look out duty before we went on hunts, she betrayed us and took the coven's wealth and our home, we were then told to make sure she never came back to the coven again this proved hard work as she had stronger more advanced powers than us and kept pushing us back. Before we knew it she was at war with you 3 and we had to help we were relieved when you got rid of her powers but i have to tell you she's out for revenge and she may not be a mermaid but she still has her powers and will use them against you guys at any minute" Makayla spoke it was weird listening to the story for one we didn't realise this was happening and two there was a mermaid coven. "whats the coven i've heard of witches covens but never a mermaids coven" Rikki asked calming her self down looking at the 2 girls before us "when we were at war 216 years ago the mermaids at the time joined forces putting our powers together and becoming a cult so to speak, we are like a family but now we must help you 4 before you know it Charlotte will be back on her game and things don't look pretty" Felicite spoke concern and fear darted across her eyes. "Take us to the coven" Rikki demanded to the 2 girls horror. "We can do that but you must first sign this" Felicite handed out a scrollof wrapped parchment "what is it?" Emma asked unsure of whether we should "It's to say that you would like to join the coven, if something happens to you we will always be their to save you" Felicite said sadness in her eyes "Ok" we all said and signed it for them.

It was a long swim to the coven and every bit of it was familiar, we entered land and knew exactly where we were "Mako Island the coven is at Mako Island?" Emma sort of screamed "Yes but please be quiet you will wake him" Makayla cried trying to quiten us all down "Wake who?" Bella asked walking towards her and placing her hand on her shoulder "The king, he doesn't like visitors and he doesn't like to be woken up" Makayla cried leading the way through the prickle bushes and hedges until a castle could be seen with its magnificant turrets and structure "Welcome to Mako Castle, the mermaid world awaits you" Felicite said taking her sisters hand and leading the way through the little village, people stopped and stared but they didn't look like mermaids at all "everyone here are half mermaids like you 4, there was a volcano thats dorment now you go there as your little hide out thats the reason we are all mermaids, about 400 years ago it erupted sending it's magic with it within days the whole village were mermaids with the power to do anything we want" Makayla stated as we all stared at the surrounding buildings and people we entered a stair case and up towards the main turret "Hello children my name is Abigail, i'm the queen here and will happily attend to your wishes. it is an honour to meet you i've heard loads about you" Queen Abigail held out her hand and led the way to the another stair case "Makayla, Felicite go fetch my other darlings and bring them up will you" She asked before leading us all into a huge bedroom "Yes Mother" The two girls said under their breathes before going back downstairs "I have 7 children all heirs to castle Mako, wondeful children all mermaids no boys i'm afrad but thats how life is, my husband the King he's not very nice to my angels screams and shouts at them but they cannot leave Mako Island on their own accord, shame really they deserve their own lives" Queen Abigail was now filling a bucket with water which she was controlling. Before we knew it 7 children including Makayla and Felicite came into the door standing in a row all with their brown or blonde hair flowing behind them their bright blue eyes focused on their mother "Meet our new guests, You've met my two oldest twins Makayla and Felicite, These are my next twins Elizabeth and Grace they're 14, My next twins Marie and Sian they're 9 and my youngest girl Phoebe her twin Daisy was killed not long ago and she's 4" Abigail smiled as she pointed out her girls what about you she looked directly at Bella and Emma "what about us?" Emma asked "Hey i'm a mother and you both will be very soon" She smiled "What do you mean?" Bella asked as Abigail instructed both of them to sit down "I doubt any of you have had children before so i'm going to tell you whats it's like, first of you won't show a bump or any resemblence of having a baby unless you've told them no one will know" To this we all looked at each other "Next of you're only pregnant for 5 months and judging by you Emma you're 3 months and bella you're 4 months" Everyone looked at Bella who looked absolutely shocked Emma we knew about but Bella not telling us "I'm not pregnant" Bella stated "sometimes mermaids don't know if they're pregant how do you think i ended up with 7 it's not like human pregnancies it's not obvious it just happens" Abigail felt guilty that she told Bella she was pregnant when Bella didn't even know myself "Mother we'll deal with the guests thank you" Makayla said ushering her mother and her siblings out the door all except Felicite. "Do you think it could be true, could i be pregnant" Bella asked "I'm positive mother has never been wrong but that does mean that in the next few weeks you will be giving birth to a mermaid child i hope you're ready" Makayla looked at Bella sincerity in her eyes.

So is Bella really Pregnant? What happens next?