Chapter 17

Lucy's POV

Why would Ivan go after me?

Didn't Raven Tail disband?

What was nullpudding doing carrying out someone else's work?

"Who do you work for?" Master Makarov picked Nullpudding up by his shirt, holding him above the ground.

"J-j-j... Jiemma, sir." Nullpudding stuttered.

Jiemma as in... the previous Master of Sabertooth?

"H-he wanted me to erase all her memories and make her Layla Heart again. Something about 'claming Saber's throne again.'"

"Oh yeah?"

"T-that's all, I swear!"

Master dropped Nullpudding, who scurried off.

Why did he let him go?

"If we let him go back, Jiemma will know we don't have the intentions of fighting him."

Natsu walked over to me, wrapping me up in his arms. I sunk into his hug. Damn, this felt really good...

"I'm glad you're okay, Luce."

"I'm glad everyone's okay too." I said. Natsu smiled into my shoulder.

Natsu's POV

She smelled so nice... and she was so warm...

That moment, in the battle, where I landed on top of her. I just wanted to press my lips down on hers and forget about everyone else.

What was I thinking? She doesn't like me like that! We're partners. I can't fall in love with my partner.

In love. Two words, six letters. But they change everything.

Damn it!

Lisanna's POV

I was portrayed as an enemy now? Nullpudding, the jerk, used my body to transform into, and used me as... bait?

And nobody in the room noticed that I was still here, standing in the back.

I thought they cared... I guess not. But Natsu didn't want to attack Nullpudding when he was me, even if he knew it was a fake.

I guess he's the only one that does care?

Nobody's POV

Everyone started to clear up the guild. There were a few broken chairs, misplaced tables... a wall with a hole in it...

but still, everybody managed to clear it up. When they were finished, Lucy joined her friends at the bar.

"Guys?" She asked the girls.

"What's up, Lu-chan?" Levy asked.

"I-I need some advice." Lucy looked down.

Mira smiled. "Shoot. I'm all ears."

"I... I think I may be in love."

All four of them gasped. "With who?" Juvia asked, thinking of her beloved Gray-sama.

"Natsu."

Erza laughed. Levy chuckled. Juvia grinned, looking rather evil. Mira whooped loudly. "Yes! I called it!"

"Shush!" Lucy said. "Do you want the world to know?"

Mira nodded seriously, making Erza laugh again.

"Nalu was always going to happen." Levy said. "We could all see it."

"Na...Lu?" Lucy asked, confused.

"Natsu x Lucy." Erza explained, making Lucy blush a bright red.

"How long?"

Mira pretended to think. "Since you and him wehn on your first job together?"

"Longer... when she joined the guild." Erza said.

Levy burst out laughing. "And he kept on calling her 'Luigi', and 'Loopy'."

Lucy frowned. "I'm right here, you know!"

They all burst out laughing, except for Juvia, who was scheming about her 'Love Rival.'

Lucy's POV

-Timeskip-Two hours Later-

Mira had given me advice. It was simple, really. Tell him how you feel.

Who am I kidding? I'm too nervous.

I looked back at her. She shot me a thumbs up, grinning. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

Mira and her matchmaking.

"Luce, I need to talk to you." Natsu grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the guild.

"Okay..." I said, trying to keep up and not get dragged.

We stopped in an empty road. Natsu's cheeks were tinted red, as were his ears.

"Natsu?" I asked. "Do you have a fever?"

Mira's POV

*Facepalm* The idiot.

Lucy's POV

Natsu shook his head. "Lucy, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while. I-I..." Lucy looked at him expectantly. He took a deep breath.

"I love you, Lucy." Twelve letters, five syllables and four words.

I blushed a shade that would rival Erza's hair. "I love you too." I said, feeling my cheeks get hotter.

Natsu's face lit up. And he hugged me. I stiffened for a second, before realising that... Natsu loved me. Me. Lucy Heartfilia. He actually loved me.

I hugged him back. And then I started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Natsu asked. I shook my head.

"It's nothing." I smiled into his shoulder.

Natsu's POV

My Luce. Yeah, I like the sound of that.

"'Your' Luce?" Lucy asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm my own person."

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did."

"Oh." I said, chuckling. Lucy looked back at me, her brown eyes sparkling.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"You tell me."

Lucy was walking around her apartment, cleaning the mess that I made whilst eating. I couldn't help it. I was super hungry. And I'm just a slightly messy eater.

"So... I was thinking... do you wanna be my girlfriend?" I asked her. She stopped, turning to face me.

"You want me to be your girlfriend?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded.

She ran at me, hugging me tight. "Of course! I'd love to!"

I smiled. My Luce in my arms.

Everything was going to work out from here, I could just feel it.