Chapter 16

Lucy's POV

Natsu helped me stand. My legs were now feeling more like jelly than stiff. It had been two days.

I walked, slowly but surely, to the door. I pushed it open, looking at my guild.

Erza ran up to me and hugged me. I almost toppled over backwards.

"Thank god you're back, Lucy." She smiled at me.

As soon as she let go, Levy took her place. "Don't ever do that to me again." Levy said, her voice shaking. I smiled affectionately.

"I'll try not to, I promise."

Levy let go, and I was hugged by Gray. Gray didn't say anything, although it looked like he wanted to. Juvia hugged me afterwards, although there was no 'love-rival' speech anymore.

Yet again, Cana was watching me weirdly. I smiled and offered a wave at her. She smiled back, half heartedly, before turning away.

"I missed you guys." I said. They all nodded, but they seemed... distant.

I knew it. I knew it wasn't going to work. I knew they wouldn't forgive me.

Levy's POV

I stood next to Gajeel, watching Lucy. "I missed you guys." I nodded.

If you missed us; why didn't you come back? You stayed at Sabertooth for another bloody month, after you got all your memories back.

Cana was the one that hit Lucy with the spell. If she had... told us, we would've been able to fix it.

I wonder who figured out that Layla was Lucy. It couldn't be Sting, or Yukino...

Natsu? But Natsu isn't that smart. But he's her teammate, and they were always together...

It had to be Natsu, didn't it?

Mira's POV

Laxus stood behind me. I couldn't see him, but I felt his hand on my shoulder, holding me back. He was the only one who knew how I was feeling. He was the one that comforted me, that helped me...

Layl- Lucy, sorry, was right. I did like Laxus. But how did she know before I did?

I missed her too, so much. You really don't know how much you treasure your nakama, until one of them is gone.

I feel like such a horrible friend, but if it hadn't been Lucy that got hit, if it had been Natsu, or Gray, or Erza...

I wouldn't be recovered of the shock by now. But Lucy wasn't as close to the guildmates as I was. I loved all of them like family, but...

I couldn't help making the comparison. Losing Lisanna hurt way more than losing Lucy.

Does that mean Fairy Tail aren't my nakama? Or was it just Lucy?

Lucy's POV

They all stared at me, with harsh and unforgiving eyes. I knew it. They still didn't like me. They didn't treat me as part of their guild. I wasn't their nakama.

A figure in a cloak walked into the guild. But... the only person I knew to wear a cape was...

"Gildarts?" I heard Natsu ask behind me.

"Natsu!" Gildarts stepped into the light, grinning. Natsu ran over to him.

"I didn't know you were coming back!" He said, smiling like a madman. Or, like your a-typical Natsu.

"I didn't write! I wanted it to be a surprise." Gildarts explained.

Erza didn't look convinced. "He always writes..."

Natsu frowned. "Why doesn't your magic power feel the same?" Gildarts dropped his smile slightly.

"What do you mean, boy?" He asked.

"And your hair's the wrong shade, and you're too short, and your voice is lower, and you're wearing the wrong shoes." Cana stood up. "He's my dad. I can tell him apart from lookalikes, or, in your case, enemies."

Erza frowned. "Who are you and what do you want here?"

Gildart's smile dropped. "Her." He said, throwing a spell...

straight at me. I ducked and it hit the wall behind me, exploding. "Lucy!" Natsu called out.

I pulled out my keys. I wasn't sure if my elemental dragon slaying magic would work.

"I open thee, gate of the Lion, Leo!" Loke appeared.

"What can I do for you today, Lucy?" He asked, adjusting his tie. "Oh, you're back to normal. Even better for-"

"Oh, be quiet. I need you to beat up Gildarts." Loke nodded.

"I think he's going to kill me with one hit, but you brought me out because you trust me. So I'll do my best." His fists started lighting up.

"It's not the real Gildarts." I explained.

"Regulus Impact!" Loke yelled, puching Gildarts in the face. He flew back, into the wall.

"Fire dragon's roar!" Natsu yelled.

"Sky dragon's wing attack!" Wendy threw.

"Solid script; boulder!" Levy attacked.

"Requip; Heaven's Wheel Armour!" Well, you can guess who that was.

Everyone was attacking the intruder. I smiled. They did care...

After a while, his transformation magic wore off. The man sitting there was...

Rogue?

"Rogue? Why are you doing this?"

"I'm sorry, Lucy. They've captured Minerva, and all I need to do is get you to drink this when we're by ourselves." Tears welled up in his eyes. I'd never seen Rogue cry before.

"What does the potion do?" I asked.

"I don't know. Nobody told me. They just said that it wouldn't kill you, or make you sick." Rogue said.

For Minerva?

"Luce, don't." Natsu said. "I don't trust this freak."

"Rogue..." I said. "I'm sorry, I won't drink the potion. But I'll help you get Minerva back."

"If you won't drink it, I'll have to force you too!" Rogue changed again. So it wasn't Rogue. Instead...

Elfman lunged at me, bottle in hand. "Drink the potion, Lucy."

Natsu knocked me out of the way. Sadly, we ended up with me pinned down to the floor, him lying dead ahead on top of me.

He laughed nervously, as did I.

"Come here!" We were knocked back to reality, as Elfman charged at us. I still didn't believe that was their true form, yet.

Take a chance, Lucy.

"Nature dragon's roar!" I yelled. The spell worked. Elfman hit the wall, his appearance changing completely.

"I'm being controlled." Lisanna pleaded. "Please, help me."

I knew Natsu was considering her words. But Lisanna didn't seem like... Lisanna.

She ran at me. I dodged, jumping onto tables and running. She followed.

And then she changed again. "Little sis..."

"Sting?" This person was my older brother, my nakama. I couldn't attack him.

"Fire dragon talon!" Natsu kicked him. He was knocked unconscious, and ended up in his original form...

Nullpudding. From Raven Tail?

"Ivan has gone too far." Makarov fumed. I swallowed.

What did Ivan want with me?