Chapter Thirteen

Hope you guys are liking the little pictures/gifs I have put on the side, of the characters :)x

Elsa's POV

At this moment I wanted to be with her. I wanted my mother holding me in her arms and telling me that everything was okay. I wanted her here with me now so she could explain everything, so she could tell me why she'd cheat on Charlie, the 'love of her life.' Was everything she did at home a lie? The kissing and joking around with Charlie? Did she get bored of him, went with another man, fell pregnant and went back to my father saying it was his child?

I don't know how long I sat underneath this beautiful tree, but I didn't care. It was beautiful here and quiet. From here I could see the bottom part of the woods, feel the cool wind and see the cloudless sky. I drew my knees up and rested my chin on them. It was cold and I wished I brang my coat or jacket, or atleast worn something long instead of this shirt.

I looked up and saw Dallas standing by the trees, just standing there smoking.

"You're going to die of cancer," I said looking back at the beautiful surrounding.

"Who wants live forever?" Dallas threw his cigerette and sat on the ground next to me, looking out at the clearing.

"How'd you find me?"

"I sniffed you out," he grinned and winked. I shook my head, trying to stop myself from smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"I just found out that my mother cheated on my dad and that I'm not his daughter," I said softly, afraid the tears would come again.

"Family don't mean blood," Dallas said. "Just because you don't share the same blood doesn't mean your not his daughter, it doesn't mean he's not your father. Family means love, not blood." I looked at Dallas, who just stared at the clearing. I think he was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't make anything from it.

Dallas sighed as he took out another cigerette from his jacket pocket and lit it up, but before he could put it to his lips, I took it and threw it into the clearing.

"You might be fine with dying, but not me," I smiled at him.

"You heal blondie, you can't die," he said back.

We stayed quiet after that, just watching the clearing together. I cuddled my legs to my chest as the air started picking up.

"Tell me something Dallas," I looked up at him and saw the faint mark on his neck. How did he get that? "Tyler, he's..."

"He's not my real brother," Dallas said. I didn't stop looking at him, the more I stare the more he will open up. I needed him to open up. He shook his head and looked away from me. "A long time ago, he saved me and I owe him everything." He looked down at me with his bright blue eyes, "I will do anything to save him."

I waited for him to say more, but he didn't. He just fell silent, deep in thought. What was he thinking? That was the one thing I wanted to know all the time. What did he feel inside when we kissed? Did he even feel anything?

"I was weak, close to dying when he found me. He was just a young boy, 6, when he found me. He took me to his shed, cleaned me up, fed me, did everything to make sure I lived. He started to grow, I didn't and after his parents died I started looking after him."

"Tyler's a werewolf, I understand that, but you...are you a vampire?"

Dallas grinned and shook his head. "Something more evil than that."

"I don't believe that," I said. "You say you're bad and a monster, but you're not." I gently placed my hand inside of his open jacket where he was wearing a thin black shirt, and over his heart. "It matters in here Dallas. I know you're good."