Chapter Twelve

After breakfast I began to wash the dishes and clean up a little before Nathanel came home from the hospital. Dad came into the kitchen not too long after.

"I'm going to pick up Nathanel," he said.

"Dad, wait," I wiped my hands on the tea towel and faced my fathers tired eyes. He really needed to shave as well and clean himself up. "Last night, aren't you going to say anything? Yell at me maybe?"

"Why would I yell at you angel?" For the first time he smiled at me, despite his eyes looked like they were going to fall shut.

"Just do something then," I said nervously. "Don't pretend you didn't see what happened last night, I need you to say something dad."

"I never believed her when she told me," he finally said.

"Told you what? Who did?"

"Your mother Elsa," he said softly. He walked towards me and pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear before speaking. "I will always love you no matter what Elsa. No matter, I would always be your father."

"Dad..." I wanted to cry again. God I hated crying.

"I'm so sorry my baby," he said looking down and away from my eyes. "I'm...I'm not your biological father." At that my heart just broke, it felt as if everything inside of me just exploded and I wanted to hide in a corner and away from this ugly world.

I shook my head as tears started coming. "No, it's not true. You're lying, stop lying!"

"I'm so sorry Elsa," dad whispered. "I didn't want to ever tell you, not until last night when I saw you...when I saw you heal yourself."

I shook my head again, I couldn't breath, couldn't say anything. "What am I?" I finally managed to croak, more tears falling.

"You're one of them," he said. "You're...not human."

At those words I bolted out of the house through the back door, since it was the closest, and kept on running into the woods. Running had always given me strength, it was one of the things I loved doing and so I kept on running further into the woods. Making turns, dodging tree branches and stopping myself from slipping on any mud, I just kept on running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dallas's POV

"That's your fifth one this morning," Tyler said as he took a seat on the armchair in front of me. I looked to where I was holding the glass with the rich liquor inside. I don't even remember how much I drank, I just needed to drink.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Tyler asked. I gave him a side glance and smiled.

"You really want to do this girly talk brother? I'm sure if we do, we might just grow lady parts too."

Tyler rolled his eyes and left the room. At the door archway, he turned around and looked at me.

"I've packed all my things," he said and left.

I got up from the chair and sculled the vodka before pouring myself another one. I sculled that one too before leaving the house. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to get one. I had to get her.

I passed an alleyway and that's when I saw her. A beautiful blonde girl smoking further in the cold alleyway. She looked like her, blonde hair, hazel eyes. It looked like her.

"Hey man, you okay? "She asked as she threw her cigarette to the ground. Everything went out of focus, everything become different, like looking through someone else's glasses. I moved closer to her, close enough that I could smell her, smell the smoke of the tobacco and smell her blood.

"I'm fine," I said before I grabbed the girl and pulled her to the cold brick wall. She screamed, struggled to get free as I tilted her head to the side and felt as the teeth came. This wasn't me, this isn't me. I'm not a monster, I'm not a monster.

Her voice filled my head. Her sweet calm voice, the voice that always knew how to make me feel. I groaned once and then bit down on her neck. The taste was beautiful and rich as it filled all over inside of me. I couldn't stop, I just kept on drinking until I felt her body stop moving. Until she no longer moved, until she stopped breathing.

"Dallas my boy," Linderman said as he walked towards us. I looked up abruptly and I knew what I must've looked like. Neither man nor vampire. What was I then? "You've killed her," he smiled.

I looked down at where the girl layed dead in my arms. I placed her slowly on the ground and closed her eyes shut. Guilt and regret filled all over inside me. She must've had a family, maybe they were waiting for her to get home?

"Don't worry about her, I have people that can clean up your mess...again," Linderman smiled again. He was dressed in his usual black suite and tie, his hair neatly groomed, his eyes as sharp and open, ready for anything.

"Stay away from me," I hissed. Linderman smiled as he tossed me a napkin and I caught it, wiping the blood from my mouth.

"I just need one thing Dallas, one thing and I will leave you and your mutt alone," he said. "Where is she? Where is the girl?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied.

"You're lying boy," he hissed back. "Tell me where she is or I will personally kill that dog in front of you. I will make you watch as I slit that boys throat."

At that I drew my fists up, ready to pound it in his face, but he was faster. He blocked the fists and threw me up the wall, holding my neck and stopping any air from getting in.

"You're a disgrace to us all," he said. "You may have been mighty and powerful before, but now you're nothing. You're weak." He let go of my neck, making me crumble to the floor and cough.

"I'll make a deal with you Dallas. The girl for the mutt."