Chapter One

This is my first story on here! Hope you guys enjoy it, vote and comment :) xx

Elsa's POV

This was the part I hated most. The moving, the runnning away, the change and all because I couldn't keep quiet, I couldn't keep myself from being invisible like my father had told me too be. I couldn't blame father or my elder brother Nathanel for their over protectivness. Ever since mom died, I became the youngest and only girl in the Carson family. They were picking us off one by one and I was next. I could feel it inside of me. I was next...the words were too hard to even say out loud.

"Elsa, get up," Nathanel said with the Ute door wide open.

The house was big, the biggest we'd ever had in fact. There were no near neighbours around us, except for acers of land and wood. The air was cool as the breez hit me. I was glad I was wearing the beanie mom had knitted for me.

"Don't get too comfortable here," Charlie...dad, said as he pushed past us and headed inside the farmhouse first. He was still mad, he hated the moving as much as I did, he just never said anything about it. I looked up at my older brother who just shrugged, grabbed the rest of the bags and headed inside.

Furnishers were already set, except they were covered in glad wrap. Dust was on almost everything in the house, and as Nathanel tried to turn the light switch on, nothing went on. The one beautiful thing in the house was the large chandelier in the foyer and the large fire place.

I followed Nathanel up the staircase. He smiled down at me as he went into the first room to the left and shut the door. I made my way further down the dark hallway until I found another set of spiral stairs. God knows how many rooms the farmhouse had. I picked the torch from my only backpack and headed up the stairs into the attic.

It was a little warmer in here, thank god, and a bed was alraedy placed at the far back of the room where the sliding window was. It was beautiful up in here, with the exception of a little cleaning, this was my room.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

2 weeks went by and I was already hating this town. Charlie, also known as dad, wouldn't let me go to school or leave the house. He said I would draw attention, like always, and he didn't want that. While Charlie and Nathanel left the house, to what I assumed was to train, I found myself cleaning up the farmhouse. The farmhouse looked much cleaner that it had the first time we arrived.

"Elsa!" Charlie called from the front door.

I poked my head out from the kitchen, "Yes?" 

Charlie just nodded and that meant he was just checking if I was still in the house. I set the dinner table and waited for Nathanel and dad to sit. Dinner was quiet like always, nothing to talk about, nothing to smile or laugh about. 

"The house looks good," Nathanel said as he looked around. He pointed his fork in the air with a smile. "No more dust I see." 

"Well since I'm on lockdown I had to do something to keep myself from dying of boredom," I said with a direct smile to dad. He just glared at me and went back to eating. "Dad, I want to go to school." 

Charlie looked up and so did Nathanel. Nathanel just gave me that look that said don't go there, while dad just glared. The wrinkles forming all over his eyes and forehead. "You know the answer to that Elsa." 

"Dad I'm 16, unlike other kids, I want to go to school...I need to go to school. I promise I won't screw up! I promise...."

"No! And that's final Elsa," he said. 

Nathanel was looking down at his plate, too afraid to look at dad and too ashamed to look at me. I shook my head with anger, fighting back the tears as I said the next words. "Mom would have wanted me to go." And just like that I left the kitchen and ran upstairs before dad could lecture me about mom. Ever since her death we were not allowed to talk about her or grief over her. She was soon to become just a memory, a memory I did not ever want to foget. I knew what I had to do, and I knew I was going to Lakeshore High.