Chapter Two

Tyler on the side for you guys! :) Hope you enjoy, vote xxx

Everyone was still asleep as I crept down the stairs and began my long walk down the cold abandon road towards the school. Another thing with staying home all day, I had managed to read all about this town, Lakshore, and know mostly where things were. 

After about 20 minutes of walking, I finally found myself standing in front of the wooden old building with its archway saying Lakeshore High. Kids were still loitering about the school yard as some rushed inside to class. The school looked like all the other ones I had been too. Nothing fancy, just another old building filled with teachers and students, but I loved it. 

I walked passed people with my head down, just as I reached the recpetion. The lady behind the counter was old, 60 maybe. She had her hair up in a neat bun, pears around her neck and pear earings. She looked up at me with a welcome smile. 

"You must be new," she said behind the computer. 

"How'd you know?" I must've sound worried because she laughed and shook her head. 

"Oh dear, a small town like this, I know everyone. What's your name darling?" 

"Elsa Carson," I said. I rummaged through my backpack and handed her the piece of paper, that I had cleverally made myself. It contained my previous schools, my parents name and signiture and everything else you needed to get into school. 

"Elsa, beautiful name. Are your parents here?" 

I shook my head. "My dad's a busy man, and my mom passed not too long ago." 

"Oh dear, I'm very sorry Elsa. Take a seat and I'll get you're timetable," she smiled and I smiled back. The lady left the computer desk and headed to the back door somewhere as I took a seat on one of the black leather couch. 

People wen tin and out of the office, teachers looked down at me, smiled and left  or poured themselves another cup of coffee. At que my stomach rumbled. Sneaking out in the morning made me skip breakfast and I even cleverly forgot to bring anything to eat or even bring some money. 

"You must be new." 

I turned to see a guy sitting on the couch beside me, his backpack slouched lazily on his lap as he rested back on the couch. I looked away quickly so I couldn't take in any more information I would regret, but it was too late. He had short black hair that was slightly messy, big brown eyes and a smile that showed dimples on each of his cheeks. 

"Well then, friendly advice for the non talkative new girl....stay away from Nora," he said. Just in time the lady came back with a piece of paper in her hand. She handed it to me and I saw it was my new timetable. 

"There you are darling," she said with a smile. "But don't forget that your father has to come in here some time to sign a few things." 

I nodded and she left back to her computer, typing away without looking at the keyboard. The guy next to me was now leaning his elbows on his knee, ruffling his hair more in distress. 

"I'm Elsa Carson," I said slowly to him. Mistake number one, the mistake I dad always warned me about. Dont draw attention to yourself, that was what he said everyday. The boy looked up and smiled. Not too long ago he looked tired and worried, but now, with one smile he seemed to brighten up. It was fasinating how one smile can hide away so much pain. 

"Tyler Lancaster," he said with that bright smile of his. 

"Tyler," we both looked up to see a man, maybe around his early 20s, eye Tyler with his peircing blue/grey eyes.