Chapter Five

HEY GUYS! More Dallas and Elsa parts in this one xx

"It's rude to stare little girl," Dallas said and on que I drew my attention to the lake. "Why him?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"Why Tyler?" He said as if I was a little girl who couldn't understand what he was saying. Standing here, I didn't feel scared of him like I use too. Instead I felt annoyed. Here he was talking to me like I was the little kid. 

"He's my friend," I simply said. 

"Friendships," he said looking out at the lake. "I don't know why you people even care about 'friendships,' I mean they are all bound to end anyways." 

"That's not true," I said. 

"Really now? How old are you anyways? 15? What would you know about friendships or anything for that matter. You've still got a whole life ahead of you." 

"I'm 16," I said. I wouldn't say it to him, but I kind've agreed with him. Not about the friendship bit, but about that I was still young with a full life ahead of me. I didn't even know what I wanted to do when I finish school. Was I going to become a hunter and join the family business? Or was I going to quit and go to collage like normal kids do? 

I watched from the corner of my eye as Dallas took a gulp out of his beer bottle and threw the empty bottle into the lake. Talk about pollution. 

"Why are you so protective of Tyler? Don't you think he's old enough to make his own decesion?" 

Dallas looked at me and rolled his eyes. He then fished inside his pocket, took out a cigerette and lit it up. Taking in a puff before talking. 

"He's my little brother, you wouldn't understand blondie," he said as a puff of smoke escaped his mouth, leaving a putrid smell of cancer in the air. The truth was that I did understand. I have an older brother, probably the same age as Dallas, 20 to be exact, and he was protective. I was 13 when I finally convinced Nathanel to stop dropping me off to school. I understood what older brothers had to sacrifice for their siblings, and I admired that. I admired Dallas. 

Before I could say something to him, I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and turned and saw the boy from my biology class. The one that sat next to Tyler infront of Anna and I. Ben, I think that was his name. 

"Ah, Elsa, could I talk to you, talk to you, ah, over there," he pointed to the bundle of trees. He smelt like alcohol but I couldn't see a bottle or cup in any of his hands. And besides, I was a Hunter. I knew how to handle myself. 

I looked over at Dallas. He didn't look back at me as he sucked in another breath of the cigerette. 

"Okay," I said to Ben as I followed him to the trees. "What is it?" I asked with a smile. 

"I've seen you, you know, look at me in class and smile at me and shit,' he said with a half smile. He seemed to see my blank expression and went on. "You dig me, that's okay."

"What? No...You're mistaken," I said as I stepped back. "Look Ben you're a nice guy, but you're drunk and I have to leave." I tried to look pass Ben, back at the lake, but Dallas was no where to be seen. 

"Look, Elsa, it's okay. You don't have to be afraid of me," he said with a smile as he stepped closer. 

"Trust me Ben, I am not afraid of you, it should be the other way around actually." 

Ben then made his way too close to me that I backed into a tree. He giggled as he touched my shoulder, slowley pulling my jacket off. I slapped his hand away which made him yelp. 

"Seriously, leave me alone," I said and as I was about to make my way around him, I felt his warm hand on my wrist, pulling me back. 

"Don't be a little bitch Carson!" He suddenly shouted. This wasn't the Ben I knew from Bio class. Achohol had that effect on people. It could suddenly change someone for a brief moment and the next morning they wouldn't remember a thing. 

"Let go of me," I hissed, but he didn't. I memorized the move Nathanel had taught me in one of our self defence training sessions. I drew my knees up and pounded them into his groan. His hand released me as he held onto his man part and fell to his knee in pain. 

"You fucking bitch!" He kept on shouting as I ran away from him. I didn't stop running as I jogged all the way back to the car park. All of it was too much and now all I wanted to do was go home and probably get yelled at by dad as I tried to explain where I was tonight. 

The carpark was darker and abandon than the first time we had arrived here. I searched for Tyler's car and found it not too long after at the far back on the long stretched abandon road. I knew Tyler would come back, I knew he would come back to his car soon. He had too. 

For about 10 minutes I stayed on the hood of the car, playing candy crush on my iphone as I continued to wait for Tyler. There were a litte rustle by the trees, but I thought of pleasent happy thoughts. It was just the wind, I said over and over again. It's just the wind. Oh but how I was wrong like always. 

I quickly got off the hood of the car as Ben came forward my way. But he wasn't alone. No, there were two other boys on each of his side. Both as drunk and pissed as Ben was. 

"You think you can do that to me? You ungreatful peice of shit!" He shouted as he snatched my phone from me and slammed it to the ground. I was too stunned, to frozen to do anything but watch him and his friends laugh as he smashed my Iphone. 

He was quicker than I had expected as he was now standing in front of me, taking my beanie off and tossed it to one of his friends, who just threw it to the ground. They laughed as Ben suddenly pulled the back of my hair and made me look up at him. I could feel the tears behind my eyes burn as I bit my lip from cyring out. This wasn't like me, how could I freeze at a time like this? I was a poor excuse to be called a Carson. I was glad no one I knew was here to watch how weak I really was. 

With Ben's free hand, he raised it up and slammed it on the left side of my cheek. I could feel the burn, the sting of the hit as it touched my face. I used my hand to block my face before Ben could slap me again, and used my other arm to pound it against his stomach, making him let go of me. 

While Ben's defenses were down, I lifted my right leg and booted it into his groan for the second time. I smiled, but the smile dissapeard just as quickly as I felt strong arms around me, holding me tight into him. Ben got up and nodded at his friend who just held me as I struggled to free myself. 

"Let go of me!" I screamed over and over again. Ben laughed as he raised his arm again. I closed my eyes and waited to feel the burn once again, but this time there was nothing. I opened my eyes to see that someone had held Ben's hand back. 

Dallas stood behind Ben, holding his hand back as he glared down at him. With his free hand, Dallas pounded his fist straight to Ben's nose, making him fall down to the ground screaming in pain as he held his bloody broken nose. 

I took that opportunity and elbowed the guy behind me, making him let me go. The guy swore and was about to slam into me, when Dallas was faster and pulled me back as he too slammed himself onto the kid. The guy landed on the ground and Dallas punched him several times on the face before standing up. He glared at the last guy. The stare was intense and the boy ran. Not too long after that both Ben and his other friend began running as fast as they could out of the car park. 

I looked down at Dallas's knuckles to see that they were bloody and slightly bruised. I stepped closer to him, but he backed away just as fast. 

"Elsa?" I looked up to see Tyler jogging our way. He looked at me, then at his brother and his bloody hand. Dallas didn't look up as he turned his face away from us. 

"Get her home Ty," he hissed. 

Tyler nodded and grabbed my hand, pushing me into the car before I could object. I watched from the passanger side as we backed away from the carpark, as we slowly drew away from Dallas. I watched as Dallas watched the car drive away and that's when I saw it. What I thought I saw anyways. Those coal black eyes I'd seen before.