Chapter Eight

Hello Everyone! What is Tyler's big secret? Find out in this chapter ;) 

I couldn't sleep that night. I woke up the next morning with dark circles underneath my eyes. Last night after the vampire attack, dad started yelling at me again. He said I should've stayed up stairs, that I should've just hid somewhere. I'd tried asking him why that vampire was here, but he just told me that every vampire was out to get us...expecially since mom was the one that killed one of the Alpha vamps. 

"Goodmorning," Nathanel smiled as he came into my room/attic. He was holding a glass with orange juice and placed it on my bedside table as I sat up. 

"What's so good about it?" I joked as Nathan sat on the bed beside me. "How's your head?" There was still a bandage on his upper right eye where it was bleeding last night. Nathanel touched the bandage and smiled. 

"My back hurts more to be honest," he said. 

"I'm sorry," I said. I'm sorry you couldn;t heal like I could. I 'm sorry that I was the one with this curse, when Nathan needed it more than I did. He was the one that fought everyday to keep this town and this family safe. Everyday my brother has to not be afraid and walk through the doors with cuts and bruises. 

"Hey Elsa, are you okay?" 

I looked up at my older brother and smiled. "I'm fine." If I had a dollar every time I said those words, I would be rich. "Nathan, is it possible for a human to have...i don't know, powers? Gifts?" 

"No," he said. "That's what seperates us from evil. Hunters are human inside and out and thats what makes us strong, despite the fact that the evil out there have tremendious powers and strength." 

The words were like a slap to the face. I was hoping for a yes, it's fine if human have powers, but no. I smiled and nodded at him as he smiled back and left the room. How was I going to tell Nathanel about my curse when he said himself that humans should'nt have them? What does that make me then? Was I even human? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole Sunday I spent outside in the cold with Nathanel as he trained me. He taught me some basic self defence things and how to use a blade properly. He then made me run up and down the abandon road, dodge some of his punches and do 50 push up and sit ups. I could feel my whole body ache all at once when Nathanel finally said, "That's all for today." 

Dad didn't even acknowledge me as he came into the kitchen and looked directly at Nathanel, who was seated beside on the dinning table. Tonight I had made potato salad with chicken strips, a dish mom had taught me to make. 

"Nathan, we have business," dad said and Nathan nodded and got up. Dad left the kitchen and I heard the front door close. 

"I'll see you later, don't forget to lock up and call if you need anything," he said before leaving. 

I cleaned up the dishes, tidied up the house from last nights fight, and then found myself doing homework on the kitchen counter. From here I could see the beautiful full moon, high up in the dark sky. I almost jumped as my phone, my new phone, rang. 

"Hello," I said. 

"Hey babe," Anna said. "So I was wondering what you're doing tonight?" 

"Homework," I said. "Why?" 

"Do you want to sleep over? Parents are out of town and I have the car so we could just leave to school together." 

"Sure," I said. It's beats staying home alone wondering what that noise was outside or if another vampire would come crashing in through the front door. Anna told me the address before hanging up. She offered to pick me up, but I declined as, my father said, was against the rules to let anyone know where we live. I did however break that rule when Dallas walked me home. Not all the way, but it still counted right?