Chapter 26

"Are you sure this is the right decision Louis? You've been very helpful to Harry" the warden suggested. 

Louis shook his head and sighed, "he doesn't want the help." He pushed his room key onto the wardens desk and nodded, walking away. 

He sat in his car, taking one last look at the asylum before slowly driving away. 

"But we're so close to cracking the case, Louis you need to get back in there. No good therapist gives up when things get hard." 

"Number one reason why I'm not a good therapist." Louis replied sarcastically, slumping down in the chair next to his bosses desk. 

"Is this about the little thing you and Harry have going on?" 

Louis' head snapped up quicker than his mind processed the words. "What? How'd you know?" 

"The warden mentioned he had a suspicion." 

"What did you say?" 

"I told him you wouldn't be so unprofessional." 

"You lied for me?" 

"I'd prefer to call it protecting you, rather than lying." 

"But why?" 

"Because I don't care about that, I care about cracking this case."

"I...thanks...I owe you one." Louis ran his hand over his face. 

"Indeed you do. You might want to walk away from the case, but I know you don't wanna walk away from that boy." 

"Well I-" 

"Get back in that car Louis, I'm not letting you drop this job." 

Louis looked up hesitantly, seeing the seriousness on his bosses face. 

"Can I at least just have a few days to think something over?" 

"3 days." 

"Thank you!" Louis was relieved. 

Later that day he went back home, sitting on his sofa for the first time in months. He pulled out a file, one that he definitely shouldn't have stolen. One that evidently shouldn't exist. 

This particular file had been hidden 6 years ago, for a reason Louis was about to find out. 

CANE HILL CRIMINALLY INSANE ASYLUM CONFIDENTIAL CASE FILE

~

"Your new therapist will be with you shortly Harry." 

Harry gritted his teeth at each word the warden spoke. Louis left him. He didn't think he would actually leave. 

Harry knew he'd told him to leave, but he never meant it. He just didn't want to hurt Louis. Recently, all these new feelings were driving him crazy. Literally. 

One moment he felt love, lust, happiness, but all's it took was for the voices inside of his mind to twist them into something darker, and he didn't know what he felt anymore. 

But right now, he knew he felt heartbreak, oh, and anger.

 A tall, dark haired man walked through the therapy door, smiling as he confronted Harry. 

"Good morning Harry, my names Steve, hopefully here to help you." 

"Spare me the shitty introduction." 

"Very well, how's about we get started then?" 

Harry rolled his eyes, anger bubbling inside of him.