~Forty~

She stepped back, looking stupidly at me like a deer caught in the headlights of a car, her eyes impossibly big. "Frederick, what are you doing here?"

             I looked around the small motel room for any signs and listened closely for any noises or sounds that could indicate the presence of a baby. "Where is she?" I moved around the room, purposely trampling on and kicking anything and everything around me while trying to reach Karlie who, incredibly enough, tried to run back to the bathroom and lock the door as I was approaching her which pissed me off even more, spiking my anger through the roof.

           Grabbing on tightly to her hair, I pulled her back out of the bathroom none too gently.  "Now where the fuck do you think you're going?"

            Karlie yelped loudly, her scream resonating through the tiny room while she stumbled back. "Frederick please you're hurting me." She cried.

           "Where the fuck is she?" I murmured dangerously in her ear, my voice sounding menacing which was what I wanted. I wanted her to fear me, to be so scared, so shaken that she wouldn't be able to lie to me.

             "I don't know what you're talking about. Frederick please let me go, I'm begging you." She was stuttering, her hands trying to pull mine off her hair which made me pull even harder, dragging her by the hair until I found a chair she I pulled out and roughly made her sit, facing me while I stood in front of her.

           "Where's the baby, Karlie?" I asked and watched as she furiously wiped away the tears trailing on her face, her body shaking while she cried.

             "What baby? I don't have any baby, you have to beleive me. I have no idea what you're talking about. Please Frederick, please you have to beleive me."

           A humorless laugh came out of me as I shook my head slightly, deciding exactly how to play it out. Behind me, I heard a groan and strained movements coming from idiot I had left on the floor a few minutes ago. Further away were police sirens quickly approaching.

              I looked back at Karlie. "That's really good Karlie, I almost believed you and for a second felt sorry for you. But you see, I'm done falling for your bullshit."

            And just like that, her face changed completely. Sad, frightened, and crying Karlie suddenly disappeared, making way for a rather cocky Karlie, eyes completely dried of those tears that were steadily running down her face.

              "Tell me Frederick, how does it feel? How does it feel to have the single most important thing in your life be taken away from you? Is it eating you alive, breaking everything inside you? Driving you insane? Tell me so that I can bathe in your misery." She smiled, and before I could even blink or think or do anything remotely close to that, I grabbed her by the throat, easily lifting her off the chair  and shoving her back against the wall as hard as I could which knocked the air out of her. She gasped and then started laughing.

            "You really do not want to mess with me right now or I swear I will have the greatest pleasure in strangling you right here." I said, tightening my fingers around her neck while she gagged, begging for air, yet somehow, while I was cutting her airways slowly, she kept the fucking smile on her face as she held my gaze.

            "We both know you won't do it, the cops are about to bust in here any minutes now." She gagged. I sneered my disgust at her.

             "So? Do you honestly think that would stop me?"

           She coughed while pulling my hands off her neck. "We both know going to jail won't be in your favor."

            "I would gladly take that chance if only to wipe you from the face of this earth."