"Go ahead, Frederick, kill me now and you'll never see your child again." She squeaked right before the cops banged the door open and a few men entered the room. I looked back at the five men pointing their guns at what I could guess would be me.

            "PUT HER DOWN! PUT HER DOWN NOW!"

           My fingers kept tightening almost involuntarily around her neck as I stared deep into her eyes hoping to find any hint of what I was searching for. She smiled peacefully and at a blink of the eye, her face transforming back into the poor scared and defenseless woman she had portrayed earlier before showing me her true nature. I dropped her, her body falling at my feet as she started violently coughing, her body shaking on the floor.

        I stepped back, my hands raised in the air as I heard, "Cuff him."

________________________

         "Would you mind explaining to me how you ended up almost strangling her to death when I purposely said to wait for the law enforcement and myself to get there?"

             I took a deep breath, the chill air in the interrogation room hitting my skin and making the chair I was sitting on even colder than when I first sat down. There was nothing in the room but a Steele desk and three chairs one in which the investigator was sitting in, facing me.

            I leaned into the chair and met his gaze, my fisted hands sat on the table in front of me. "She has my daughter and she put my fiancé in the hospital. I won't rest until she tells the truth." I responded.

            Alvarez shook his head slightly and sighed. "Listen, we've been at this for three hours with them separately and so far there's nothing, we've found no dirt on them."

            "Because they are lying and probably hiding her somewhere. I know she has my kid. The fucking bitch is smart, she probably has someone else helping her, who fucking knows?" I yelled, truly irritated. I could feel my blood boiling inside my veins.

              This whole ordeal has taken so much out of me that I didn't know how long I could keep it together. I know I had to, for the sake of my daughter and Eva who were both counting on me. These two are my family and the hell if I was going to let those two idiots hurt them any further than the damage they've already inflicted.

              "Listen Frederick, I can't pretend to even slightly know what you must be feeling right now, but we have no probable causes to keep them here, we would have to let them go. I'm sorry but like I said previously, we've threatened with all the legal actions and resources that we have but we either weren't able to break them because they were masters of lies or simply innocent and if that's the truth, we'll need to start looking elsewhere."

           I shook with rage, banging my fist loudly on the table. "Are you out of your goddamn mind? Have you not heard all that I've been telling you? She told me herself that she has my daughter. How can you possible think of letting them go?"

            "You mean everything she told you while you were strangling her to death and she begged you to let her go." He retorted.

              I gritted my teeth, feeling them grind against each other in my mouth. "Don't be fooled, she's not innocent, all her crying was acting. She is the devil reincarnated and she has my child."

             "I'm sorry, Frederick, I really am, but at least you aren't being charged with attempted murder," He got up.  "You're free to go and in a few hours, so are they."

            "Alvarez please, don't do this, don't let them go." I begged.

         "Go be with Eva, she needs you." He tipped his head slightly, turned around and started moving towards the door.

__________________

           When I was younger, My mother used to always tell me that when you want something so bad that it is the only thing that occupied your mind day and night, you had to be willing to work extensively, and risk everything in order to make sure that thing you want the most ends up belonging to you. I've carried this with me well into my adult life which was the basis for my professional life and business. It was because of this motto that I was who I was today.

           And I was driving back to the hosptial after that many hours away, completely drained of all energy and hope, that was what I had to hang on to and with that, my resolve to do anything and everything in my power to make sure I found my daughter because Eva needed to see our child when she finally woke up because she was going to wake up, there wasn't any other options.

          I parked my vehicle in the parking lot of the hospital, got out, walked in before making my way towards the Critical Care Unit which currently housed Eva.

            The second I got out of the elevator, I was welcomed with a happily smiling Billie who all but ran towards me. "Where have you been, we've tried calling for you." She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me with her.

             I frowned but allowed myself to be pulled. "I had things to take care of." I answered. "What's going on? And who's we?"

            Billie looked back for just a second. "Your parents and your brother arrived about an hour ago. Charlotte, Darcy and even Jonah are all here. Come on there's something you got to see." She laughed as we turned the corner, and a few seconds later, entered Eva's room with everyone around her. My heart jumped, my breath caught in my throat.

             "What's going on?" I asked, my eyes landing on every one in the room while I stepped close to my mother to hug her. She smiled, tears in her eyes. And then my bother simply because he was the closest to my mother.

              "She's finally responding which is an incredible thing." The doctor started.

          "Come on Frederick, hold her hand and talk to her." My father said. I hesitated, not wanting my hopes to be crushed.

            "Go ahead." Everyone in the room encouraged me. I looked around the room for a second and then took a deep breath, looking at Eva who still had the ventilator in.

          I grabbed softly her limp hand off the bed. "Eva, darling I'm here...always." I whispered and then leaned over her, placing a kiss on her temple. Her hand twitched. I stopped for a second, looked down at our hands and then back at the people in the room. They all had smiles on their faces as they watched silently.

          "Babe, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand again or simply move it, anything really, just anything." I laughed, tears already feeling up my eyes and when she finally did, that light movement was suddenly everything to me.

___________________

      Please guys, I'm sure y'all are enjoying the story and it doesn't take much to vote so please do . Thank you.