Chapter 34| Who Cares?

Here's a pic of Ariella:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ariella's P.O.V.~

They're always here.

Always everywhere.

I can feel their presence in my very soul.

And I mean that in the most literal sense possible.

I've heard they found another one of me, finally someone else who understands the pain I'm going through.

There's no escape when you're Corrupted.

I rummage through my desk drawers, trying to find it. I put it on my dresser last time I took it off. It's the only thing I have that she owned.

They can't take me to Supernatural Abilities. I'm human... and very dangerous. It's not worth the risk.

I finally feel the cool metal come in contact with my fingers. Thank God. I pull out the golden chain with the wedding ring threaded into it. I clip it into place, frowning down at it. That's when the memory washed over me.

I sit on the couch, tears streaming down my face. They left me... all alone. Melissa and Evan left me alone. How could they?

I look over to the kitchen counter to see my dad's sunken face hanging low. This is the second time he's been abandoned.

I remember it perfectly. Mom said she would go on a walk. But she never came back. She left after she had a fight with my dad, and he saw her in Florida after she left. From that day on, my dad's suspicions that she had been killed perished. He shut the world out completely.

Melissa still has her wedding ring. We later found out that my mother left it behind. It's a memory, a terrible memory.

My dad walks over and sits next to me, wiping away my tears. He hands over a chain with a ring on it, and I gasp. She left it for me. Melissa left it for me.

" She would want you to have it."

It's then that I realize I'm crying. The memory haunts me.

The door of my room bursts open, and as soon as he sees my state, the murderous look on my father's face softens. He walks over and gathers me in his arms as I sob.

" Shh, Ariel. It's ok, baby." He's always compared me to the Disney character Ariel because of my red hair, and I let out a strangled laugh at the thought.

" Thank you, dad."

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

" Oh my god." Ariella Thomson. She's related to Melissa.

" Melissa's sister." Isaac says as if he's read my thoughts.

God.

" She... she thinks it's time we brought her here."

" She who?"

" Darien."

I give him a look. " What's wrong with that."

" Kayla... She's in one of the serious stages... She's only fourteen. She tends to lose control easily, and her Chaser came out early. Supernatural Abilities will add to the stress, and her Chaser seems to be murderous. Ariella has experienced internal bleeding trying to keep Catherine inside her."

" Catherine?"

" Her Chaser."

I give him a look. " Wait, if we were together, we could help each other through."

" She's human."

I let out a huff.

" Who cares?"

" Everybody does."

I frown and get off the bed. I run out of the room before anyone can stop me, and make my way to Darien's office.

I throw the door open without knocking, and a startled Darien looks up at me.

" Ariella Thomson is coming to Supernatural Abilities whether you like it or not."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

U like?

- Lena

Oh and here's Ariella's necklace!