Chapter 19| An Unknown

Hey!

Another update, and with the cast list this time.

I hope you like it, because I needed a lot of thinking for this.

I'll update soon!

P.S. Isla is pronounced I-la or if you can't tell the difference between the lower case L and upper case I, then like this: i-la.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

After spending some time with my best friend, I left and went back to Darien's office, where she greeted me with a smile.

" Any luck finding your power?"

" Nope."

She looked disappointed but nodded. " It's ok, for now you can rest, and in the morning you have your Placement Test, ok?"

" Ok."

" You should put your lenses back on." When I did, she continued, "Zack, come back in!"

I turned to see his head peak through the door, and then he came in.

" So..."

" I know what my power is. Yeah." I lied before he could ask his question. " Oh, and by the way, Isaac Lancaster turned out to be my best friend." He was about to talk, but I continued, " From before I was... you know."

He looked overwhelmed with the information, but nodded.

Darien spoke up, " Zack, I think she'll be roomed with Isla, since her roommate left a month ago." She turned to me. " I hope you find your place here. Don't forget to try to figure out the thing, just in case tomorrow doesn't show us too much." I nodded when I realized she was talking about.

Be sure not to tell him about you being an Unknown, except if you trust him. You never know, I heard a voice in my head saying. But then I realized it wasn't my voice; it was Darien's. I raised my head to see a knowing look on her face.

It's Telepathy. Try it. Just think really hard of what you want to say and who you want to say it to, you might be able to do it, even though it's a Mind ability. You never know, I heard the voice again, so I tried.

I trust him. I think I'll tell him, I thought repeatedly. And suddenly, I felt something, and I knew it got to her. She smiled and dismissed us.

As soon as we were out in the hallway, and we started walking down it, He spoke up.

" So, what's your power?"

I thought for a moment. Should I tell him? I decided I should, and without scaring him.

" About that, I didn't really find it."

" Wait, what? Why? You should know instantly!"

I hesitated and took a deep breath, before talking. " I shouldn't, because..." I was sort of scared to tell him, but I did anyway. " This will explain it." I stopped in my tracks and so did he, before I raised my hands to my eyes... and removed my eye lenses. I was looking down on the ground, so he still couldn't see.

I gave my decision one last thought, before raising my eyes to look at him.

His eyes widened, before he started to gape at me. I grimaced before asking, " So?"

" You're—they're beautiful." He whispered, his face close to mine. Wait, did he just...?

He gazed into my golden eyes.

" You're an Unknown." He had an impressed look in his eyes.

" Yeah..."

" By the way, they look amazing like this. It's a stunning color. And the thing is, Supernaturals usually have natural colors, but rare. But this... it looks like an actual piece of gold. Just...wow." He smiled into my face.

I raised a finger into the little space left between our faces, pressing it against the tip of his nose, and pushing his face away. He blinked a few times, turning slightly red, before smiling again.

" Thank you, Zack." I smiled.

Before he could speak, I continued, " Now let's go."

" Right..." He muttered, before setting off down the corridor again.

" So, Isla is one of my best friends, and my roommate, who's also my best friend, has known her since she got here, which was two years ago. So, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me."

I smirked. " Shame, I thought you wanted to get rid of me as soon as we got here."

He smiled, " How did you know."

We finally got to a door labeled "295", and he knocked.

The door opened alone, and I stood behind Zack, afraid of what this Isla girl would think if she saw my eyes.

The key card was hanging in mid air, and it dropped to the floor in a few seconds. Probably Telekinesis.

On the bed sat a blonde haired girl who had stunning and was really pretty, with light grey eyes, showing she was a mind. Next to her was a boy with beautiful ocean blue eyes and brown hair, and I assumed he must be a Water.

The girl immediately started to speak. " Zack! We weren't expecting you back until tomorrow! So how..." she trailed off when he stepped aside revealing me.

They both gaped at me for several moments, staring into my eyes.

I decided to break the awkward silence. " Hi, I'm Kayla."

They both slowly snapped out of it, and the girl made her way towards me.

" I'm Isla"

And the boy got up as well.

" I'm Caleb." He was still marveling at me.

" Ok..." I smiled.

" You're an Unknown..." Isla said with wonder in her eyes.

" Yeah..."

Caleb smiled.

" Get ready for the day ahead, Kayla, because everyone, including us, will be staring and gaping for the rest of forever."