Chapter 18

"So...you and Will?" Marion says as we sit on my couch.

I look over at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I see the way he looks at you...he's in love with you." she says, sounding completely sure of this - stating it as though it's fact and not opinion.

"Oh, um...it's not like that. We're just friends." I say, shaking my head.

"For you maybe...but for him, it seems not." she says, nodding.

I don't see how she can believe this so strongly. Will and I have always been on the same page about this...we both agree that all we can share is friendship. Not only because of group, but because we are not soul mates - it's obvious. In my heart, I know I haven't met my one true love yet.

"Well, maybe it is you and Allan then?" she asks and I give her a funny look."Don't look at me that way! I know when people have feelings for each other. And by that kiss you two shared yesterday...there's definitely something there."

"Can I ask you something?" I say, mostly to get her to stop.

"Sure, anything." she says with a nod - like it's the most obvious thing.

"Why are you so determined for me to love one of the men here? I mean, I know you've found your love in Robin and all..." I start.

With a few sputtering noises, she interrupts me. "I am not in love with your brother."

I give her a look that says not even she is buying that one. She sighs and a slow smile creeps across her face.

"How did you know?" she asks.

"The way he looks at you...and you him." I say, smiling like a fool. "Yours is the kind of love that many dream of. What you two have shows how much you're meant to be together. I feel, one day, your love will be told in legends. Because you've found a prince - even though he's not one of noble blood. He's a prince by his actions, by his drive to do the right thing and help those who cannot help themselves. You two have fallen in love because you know each other and somewhere deep within you know he's your one and only. It's in the smile of your face when you think of him."

Wow, I don't remember the last time that many words have streamed so easily from me. It's like my brain automatically knows exactly what to say without giving me knowledge of it.

"Wow...whoever your soul mate is - he's going to be lucky. You have more love than this world can handle...at least, for those in power now." she says.

A knock on the door interrupts us. Allan walks in and tells us it's time for lunch. He also let me know that the others had been able to pull off that important job yesterday after we'd been captured. Thanks to our distraction - and Little John's insistence - they were able to finish that and devise a plan to get us out. The plan was Will's...

We follow him out and to the dinner table. "By the way, Marion...why did they call you a snow sympathizer? I mean, snow is great and all...but I don't see how liking the stuff can get you thrown in jail."

"Hm?" she says, looking confused for a moment. "Oh! He wasn't talking about snow...he was talking about Snow - as in Snow White."

My ears perk up in attention at the name. What's happened to Snow?

"What's so great about that princess?" Allan asks as we reach the table.

"It's not because she's great...well, after her father died, her stepmother went insane. She's turned their kingdom upside down and has decreed Snow a traitor to the crown. She said Snow's the reason the king died. They've been hunting her down for weeks now. She came to me about two weeks ago and I helped her out. It seems someone recognized her and turned me in to the guard who came after me. They wanted information and I refused them - that's why they were trying to take me. I was on my way to find Robin when they found me...then you two showed up." she says and my heart stops, falling down into my stomach.

The Queen is trying to kill Snow White...because Snow "killed" the king. I feel numb. How could this happen? I feel like I just saw her yesterday...crying about how her father died overnight.

"I have to leave." I say to no one in particular.

"What?" Robin, Allan, and Will say in unison. Robin shocked, Will confused, and Allan outraged.

"I have to...Snow's my friend and she needs help.

___________________________

YAY, ANOTHER CHAPTER PUBLISHED! COMMENT AND TELL WHAT YOU THINK MAY HAPPEN NEXT...ALSO REMEMBER TO VOTE

ALWAYS YOURS,

KERA