Chapter 13

"So...how did you know I was your sister?" I ask Robin, sitting on the couch with a book in my hand.

"What do you mean?" he asks, his eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

"Well, we haven't seen each other in many years...how did you recognize me?" I ask.

"Oh! That's an easy one...I've visited the old estate a few times over the years. You were never at the house - because Father sent you to make his deliveries. I think they were trying to keep us apart so you wouldn't try to run off with me or something silly." he says, getting a dreamy look in his eyes. ""I saw paintings of you and would try to imagine what you were like...you're a better person than I expected."

I blush at the compliment and look out the window. I see the men running around, laughing and playing as only men do when they're together. I laugh at how quickly they've accepted me into their lives. Will Scarlet - a tall man with the lean muscle of a carpenter with enchanting hazel eyes and jet-black, just-rolled-out-of-bed, ear-length, messy hair - catches my eye and gives a small wink before tilting his head, daring me to come out with his eyes. I smile and hop up.

"Before we go join them, I have a proposition to make." Robin says and I skid to a stop,

"Yes?" I ask, lifting an eyebrow.

He chuckles under his breath and shakes his head. "I want to train you...so you can learn to fight and do some of the things we do. But, under no circumstances, are you to join us in the field."

I think about this for a moment. "But what if I get better than them?"

He barks out a laugh and puts his arm around me. "If you're better, I'll brag about it and take you everywhere - just to make Little John angry."

I laugh as we walk outside and join the others in a game of - believe it or not - hide and seek. Well, with a few more twists and higher stakes. Like, hiding anywhere you can get and, if you're caught first, being sent to 'the dungeon' while the others create a plan to save you. I caught Little John twice - he wasn't too happy about being locked away.

After calling it quits so Mutch could make super, Robin gave me a big hug to congratulate me on not getting caught - saying he "might make a Merry Man" out of me yet.

It's been a couple months since I first moved in with Robin. All the guys chipped in a couple weeks ago and built me my own place to stay. Basically, they just wanted an excuse to have a party afterward...but I've come to love them all. It's been great living with them and, as I expected, Robin has started taking me out with them in the 'field.'

Basically, we just rob any carriage sent through the area by the Sheriff. The funny part of it is that the guys make me wear a wig and cover the lower part of my face with some grime to make it seem like I'm a man. It makes me laugh when I look in the mirror while I'm wearing that stuff. I'm able to hide my tail in my shirt thanks to Will's contraption that looks like some kind of harness wrapped around my waist.

At first, the thing was horrible. I felt uncomfortable not being able to move my tail around...but eventually I got used to it.

Will comes over to keep me company a lot. He's a wonderful friend...and that's all we are - friends. It's nice to have someone to be that close to again. He's helped me get over the loss and betrayal of Rumple. I even told him the whole story - after he'd promised not to tell the others, of course. We have a silent agreement to keep anything we talk about inside my living room - or his. It's kind of like a confidentiality thing. We keep each other's secrets and refuse to judge each other if we learn about something that was horrible.

He's a great friend.

"Hey, Skye!" Will says, coming inside and walking over to me.

I jump up from my spot on the couch and pull him into a hug. When I back up, I notice he looks uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" I ask, grabbing his hand.

"It's nothing really...we just have to go. There's a huge job in Nottingham that Robin's going for and he told me to come get you." he says, not looking too happy about it.

"What's wrong with that?" I ask, heading over to grab the harness and slip my 'man clothes' over what I have on.

"I just don't think it's safe for you to go." he says.

"Oh, posh! Are you going to let fear keep you from going?" I ask and give him a little smirk.

"Well, no I..." he stutters.

"Good, then come one! You're taking up precious time." I say, hurrying to the door. When I look over my shoulder at him, he smirks and shakes his head before following me out to join the others. I groan when I see Little John.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so apparently if I decide to work on school stuff and try to get it all done...I end up just working on this story. I don't kknow what's goin on in my head right now, but I do like this chapter. Enjoy and comment what you think!

Always yours,

Kera