Chapter Twenty One

!!WARNING!!

This chapter eludes to rape without going into detail. Please don't read if it upset's you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowen knew she was crying, she felt the tears on her neck. It was the only place that she could really feel anything. Her face was numb, the punches that Liam's father Enzo was hitting her with were not gentle at all. He hit her with every ounce of strength that he could.

Rowen had been beaten up by a man before. She knew how to take a punch and not show how much it hurt.

She didn't have the world's greatest introduction to dating. She had been sheltered behind her mother's strict rules, the only information that she had about boys and dating was from books. And they weren't the best source of information considering they were mostly Jane Austen books and romance novels that her mother thought safe for her daughter to read.

Her first boyfriend had showed her that the real world was nothing like it was in books.

He had been sweet at first, let her think that he was this nice boy that didn't want to rush her. He slowly led her to where he wanted her to be, which had been to start doing more than just kissing. They had been together six months, he had showed her everything bar sex and oral. He told her all he knew, while still looking like the perfect boyfriend. He had gotten her to lie to her mother, telling her they went to dinner when really they were around the corner sitting in the car in the dark making out and fumbling inside each other's pants.

Rowen thought she was in love. She thought that this was how couples were. She soon found out that she was very wrong.

Her boyfriend started to get mean. He started to mental abuse her, telling her that she was fat, that her eyes were dull and she should get contacts. It was mostly about her physical appearance at first. Then the physical abuse started. At first he tried to make out it was an accident. He accidentally headbutted her when he was trying to take the remote from her, he accidentally elbowed her in the mouth when they were playing.

It was never accidental.

It was a two months after they had started trying sexual things that her boyfriend convinced her that sex was the next step. The night was picked and he booked the hotel. He got drunk, and told her, while stripping her, that he didn't think she was a virgin. That there was no way she was a nineteen year old virgin. He didn't treat her nice, he didn't take his time, he hammered at her like she wasn't even there. He didn't hear her beg him to stop, he didn't hear her cries about how much it hurt, he didn't hear her sobs when she could feel the blood pooling underneath her.

When he was finished, it was nearly three hours of torture for Rowen. Her thighs hurt, her stomach cramped, her chest heaved from the sobs, but most of all her sex was so tender it was almost numb. He passed out next to her while she cried. Eventually she hauled her ass out of the bed, hobbled to the bathroom and washed herself off. She watched the blood run down the drain, it took all the hopes she had about having a long lasting romance filled loving relationship with it.

They weren't together for a year when Rowen found out he had been cheating on her. From the first time he had sex with her, to be exact. He acted like he didn't know who Rowen was when he conveniently ran into her at the club she was at with her friends. He also went out of his way to make sure that everyone knew that she had a boyfriend, even though he was with another woman.

It had taken Rowen a long time to realise just what he had done to her. It took her a little while longer to get over the pain and the fear that she had regarding sex and relationships. When she did, she decided that she wasn't going to let herself fall in love again, there was no way that she wanted to let another man have that much power over her. So she shut it off, thought of men as only a form of release.