Chapter Twenty Three

Rowen stood staring at herself in the mirror, her hair was wet and pushed into a bun, the knots that bad that she knew she would need to go and get it cut. All she could do was look at herself. Her face was bruised, she couldn't recognise her own face. She brought a finger to her split lip, a flash of a memory making her sway on her feet.

"Marcos will treat you good." Enzo purred, pacing around Rowen's bound form. Marcos was watching him with a smirk on his face. Rowen knew that Enzo was full of shit. She knew what was going to happen to her and was preparing herself.

"Oh yes, very good." Rowen sneered at him.

"You won't break me Enzo." she whispered, her throat dry. She didn't know when the last time she had something to drink was. "I'm not scared of him."

Marcos' lips pulled over his teeth like a dog who was feeling threatened. Enzo tilted his head smirking at Rowen in a knowing way. She didn't like that look, but she wasn't going to let him know he had an effect on her.

"Oh Rowen," he leant towards her ear, she had to force herself to stay still. "I know all about you," he pulled back and walked towards Marcos. "Show our girl just how well you'll treat her."

Marcos lunged forward, his fist already coming towards her face. It was the hardest punch she had ever felt, her head snapped back on her neck making it crack. She tasted blood instantly. She swore that her brain moved in her skull.

She lifted her head and licked the blood from her lip. It hurt, fuck did it hurt, but she wasn't going to give them what they wanted, she wasn't going to beg them for anything. If they hit her like that much more they'll knock her out, at least that was a way to avoid the torment they wanted to put her through.

"You hit like a girl." she hissed, spitting blood at Marcos.

Enzo chuckled, "You have spirit. My son chose well. If you survive this, you'll deserve to be in his life." Enzo tapped Marcos in the shoulder. "Do what you wish, just don't kill her."

Rowen watched him leave, her eyes following him. She didn't see Marcos' fist coming back for her face, but she felt it...

Rowen shook her head, bringing herself back into the room. Not wanting to look at herself anymore she went back into her room. She crawled back into her narrow bed as quietly as she could, she didn't want to wake Liam. He looked so tired. Rowen stared at the drip in her arm, dehydrated that's what the doctors said she was, amongst other things.

Broken ribs.

Black eye.

Fracture nose.

Bruised jaw.

Multiple cuts and bruises.

Internal injuries.

Internal injuries... Rowen hated that one the most.

The doctors had given her the VIP treatment when she was brought in. Liam had carried her through the doors, bellowing for help. Rowen clung to him like a bad smell, not letting go of him at all. The nurses had tried to take her from him which had her screaming and begging them not to take him away from her.

She had received a few odd looks, but everyone soon looked away when Liam glared at them while he tucked her closer to his chest. He had carried her through the ER and was forced to sit on the bed with her.

Even though she had let Liam and Bennett touch her, having the doctors touching her sent her into a panic attack. She had hyperventilated, Liam's voice had drifted off into the distance as she started to lose consciousness. She had called out for him, begging him not to leave her.