Chapter Seven

THANKS FOR READING.

_____________________________________________________________

Rowen was laughing at something Frankie, her co-worker, had said when Gail interrupted them.

"Sorry, but there's a man here to see you Rowen." She smiled knowingly before walking away.

Rowen frowned, she wasn't expecting anyone. Her stomach flipped at the thought that it might be Liam. They had been talking everyday this week, he had even come to her house a couple of times, but respected her when she didn't let him inside.

She knew what would happen the second they were behind closed doors.

They had talked about random things, she had yet to ask him anything personal though. She wanted to watch his face, see if there was anything that was off limits. Sure she could have asked him over the phone and found out things, but where was the fun in that? She wanted to watch him talk about something that he liked, and something that he hated, she liked watching the emotions fly across his face. Sometimes they were hardly there, other times they lingered the longer she go him talking about something.

She had spent her nights talking to him on the phone, if what you could call phone-sex as 'talking'. She didn't realise that just hearing someone's voice could be such a turn on. Not seeing them, but hearing them pant in your ear, hearing them touch themselves and doing the same to yourself. Liam knew what he wanted from her, so she let him take control. She had been so embarrassed the first time he called her, he made her relax and before she knew it she was moaning his name down the line as she came, hearing him grunt when he followed after her.

She was surprised when he refused to talk about what had happened with Daniel. He kept avoiding the questions and since nothing had happened since then, she didn't bother to keep asking. Maybe it was too trusting of her to just let things go, but why rock the boat when its finally sailing straight.

Rowen was disappointed when it wasn't Liam waiting for her, but two men in inexpensive black suits. She walked towards them, assessing them as she did. She knew from their suits that they weren't business men. When they turned towards her she saw a flash of a badge on belt buckles and guns tucked under their arms.

They were cops.

Rowen wasn't sure why they were there. She hadn't done anything to cause detectives to come knocking on her door, or come see her at work as it were. She could see that at least one of the detectives had a glint in his eye that made her think he would go at her even if she knew nothing.

Which lucky for her, she really did know nothing about why they would be here.

"Miss Munrow?" one of them asked, she nodded and held her hand out for him to shake. "Detective Saunders."

"Pleasure," she turned towards the other man.

"Detective Riggs." she nodded towards him, not bothering to shake his hand. He was all but glaring at her, which put her on guard. She narrowed her eyes at him, staring at him coldly, he was going to make her life hell she could just feel it.

"This way gentlemen." she turned on her heel and led them to one of the board rooms close by. She wasn't allowing them into her office at all. She watched cop shows, she knew they would look around and gleam information out of the things she had in her office. Pictures, the way she organised things, anything they could use.

She wasn't as stupid as Detective Riggs thought she was.

"Please. How can I help you?" she asked, sitting on the opposite side of the table, her hands folded in her lap as she crossed her legs.