Chapter Thirty

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since he took the heart of the woman he loved and shattered it in his large fist. He had been so stupid, what would make him think that Rowen would do that to him, that Carlos would do it to him. He honestly couldn't explain how the thought even entered his head in the first place. He was happy, he was in love for the first time in his life.

And he managed to toss it all away over an insecurity.

Why didn't he just talk to her? Why didn't he notice that Carlos was following him around more than usual? Had he been losing his focus that badly that he wasn't noticing something like that? If that was the case, then Rowen had a good reason to be worried about his safety and have someone tail him.

She had been thinking about him, protecting him, while he was thinking the worst of her.

She had never done anything to him to make him think that she was capable of doing something like that to someone that she loved. He knew that, and yet, it didn't stop him from thinking that about her.

He didn't deserve her. He knew that now more than ever.

He was reading the work that she had left him. It was all that he had that was hers anymore. She had gone around the apartment and removed herself from it, no more blankets on lounges, no more random hair ties and clips. He knew she was doing it, yet he didn't stop her. He didn't know how to.

How could he stop her from removing herself when he couldn't talk to her?

Carlos was barely speaking to him, his best friend and right hand man. He couldn't go to him for advice and there was no way he was letting his mother know that he had managed to screw things up so badly that he was going to lose the woman he loved.

Liam dropped his head into his hands, not being able to come up with anything that might save his relationship with either Rowen or Carlos.

"Liam!" the office door slammed open, making him jump and aim his gun towards whoever walked in. He glared at an unimpressed Carlos, who was standing still a brow raised in Liam's direction.

"Jesus Carlos!" Liam snapped, putting the gun down. "What do you think you're doing, barging in here like that." Liam waved his hand towards the door, then rubbed his face.

"I have something you should know." Carlos walked further into the room, dropping some files on his desk. Liam gave them a quick glance and noticed a few things.

One, this was something that Rowen had done, the abuse of the yellow highlighter was proof of that. Two, it was more of his father's accounts, ones that she hadn't given to him. That made him worry slightly, he raised his eyes to Carlos in question.

"Rowen brought them to me, since you never believe what she has to say." Carlos explained making Liam sigh. "Your father has stopped moving around, he's settled and we have no idea why."

"Does Rowen have a theory?" Liam forced himself to ask, he hated that she had taken this to Carlos and not himself. He would have listened to her when she explained what she had found, but she chose not to risk him not believing her. Not that he blamed her, he didn't exactly have a great track record in her eyes anymore.

"Sort of." Carlos sat in one of the chairs that were placed in front of the desk. "She thinks that maybe his found whatever he was looking for and decided to stop moving around. Or that he's found something to occupy him for a while and hasn't noticed that he's not moving as much."

"What do you think?"

"Your father isn't stupid, nor is he lazy. I don't think he's forgotten that he hasn't moved. But she might be onto something about finding what he's looking for. Where he is at the moment, is very close to one of our warehouses'. A drug one. He might be thinking about hitting the warehouse and taking the drugs to either fund himself or take for himself."