Chapter One

He had flown over from Italy on his fathers command. He was told to check in on his cousin Anita, an older woman who had recently married a divorcee. Richard had two grown children. Daniel who was his eldest was 28. His daughter Soriah was 25 the same age as himself.

When he had made the introductions, he had gotten the quick version of their lives. Daniel was separated from his ex, the mother of his child, and worked as a carpet layer. Liam caught the look of disgust Anita gave him when Daniel mentioned that he was seeing someone but it wasn't serious. He was curious about that, but Daniel refused to give any more information on it.

Soriah was living on welfare and raising her 5 children with her current boyfriend. It was obvious that she cared little for them, and herself, if what she currently looked like was anything to go on. Liam knew a junkie when he saw one.

Liam was not impressed with his cousin's choice of family, she could have done much better. But like she had told him in Italian, Non si può fare a chi si ama. You can't help who you love.

He spotted someone walk into the room from the corner of his eye, he turned his head just as she walked into the room properly, a little blonde toddler was trailing behind her, jumping around excitedly asking for food. He had already known about the little boy, just not who this beauty was. The look that Anita gave her had Liam guessing that this was the woman Daniel was seeing.

The not serious relationship.

She didn't look away from the boy as she walked in, she hadn't noticed his eyeing her like prey. He found a dark enjoyment in taking in how pale she was, and how gracefully she moved. As he was watching her, she walked straight to Daniel, ignoring a glaring Anita.

When she was in arms reach of Daniel, he snagged her arm pulling her closer. Liam smirked to himself, perhaps he wasn't very subtle when he was watching the girl. It seemed like Daniel felt he needed to show ownership of her.

Liam could understand why Daniel acted the way he had. The girl was very beautiful. She wasn't what you would call 'thin' she had a softness about her that seemed to make her more delicate. She had wide hips, an ample chest and long legs. She was roughly 5'6 in height.

But it was her face was what had caught his attention the most.

Almond shaped brown eyes, a delicate nose, lips slightly too wide but thick enough to bite. Her face was slightly long yet evenly proportioned. Her hair was bright red almost looking like she dyed it that colour, if it wasn't for her matching thin red eyebrows, he would have been certain it was dyed

She partially hid her body from view. Her jeans fit her perfectly, her flat sandshoes were white, matching the slightly too big white knitted jacket she wore. She wore little make up, maybe just mascara on her lashes, and some gloss on her lips. her hair was twisted in a messy knot at the back of her neck with strands falling around her face.

She seemed shy, the way her eyes where mainly on the floor showed him that she was submissive. Yet when she was standing in front of Daniel, she shot Anita a defiant nod. There was some fight in her then. Liam felt his darker side bubble with excitement.

He supposed he was a little odd, talking about his personalities as two separate beings. Yet there were two sides to him. A gentle man, that cared deeply and would do anything for his loved ones. And a darker man, one that enjoyed inflicting pain on people, almost to the point of sexual gratification. When he was with a woman, there was always a 50/50 chance on what man she would see. Mostly he was the gentle man. But there were times when he wanted to watch his bed-mate cry out in pain.

Both sides of him seemed intrigued by this woman. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not just yet.

When her eyes finally met his, she froze. Hey eyes widened slightly, Liam nodded his head in greeting even if they hadn't been introduced yet. He was used to getting some sort of reaction from a woman due to his looks. While he normally had no objection to it, the way she was looking at him was something entirely different.

When she realised what she was doing, she quickly lowered her eyes, her head slightly following. She was caught between being shy and submitting to him completely. He watched her brows furrow slightly, he guessed that she wasn't used to being submissive to men she just met. He knew it would be confusing for her, so to try and help her out he looked away from her. Using the stone cold tea in front of him as her escape.

She seemed to shake herself, before heading to the pantry behind him. He felt it when she looked at him again. Her chocolate coloured eyes darted over the profile of his face. She was close enough that he could smell the perfume that she wore. Almost instantly he had flashes of burring his fingers in her hair, putting his nose to the delicate skin of her neck and inhaling her scent.

Liam quickly looked away when Daniel cleared his throat.

"Everything okay?" he asked, a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

"Ah... yeah... all good." she nodded quickly, grabbing a jar of jam from the cupboard.

Liam wanted to groan at the sound of her voice. it was slightly husky, deep for a woman. But it suited her perfectly. He wanted to know what his name would sound like falling from her lips. Liam pretended to sip the cold tea, hiding his smirk, as she quickly retreated to the safety of Daniel.

When she reached him, Daniel hid her from view. Liam couldn't hear the hushed words that Daniel was spitting at her, but he saw the way her eyes narrowed in anger. She hissed something back which caused Daniel to rear back slightly. She raised a brow, daring him to do or say something, before she smirked in triumph.

"Come on Luke." she called cheerily to the little boy. He cheered when she showed him the freshly made sandwich and ran out of the room

Liam watched her leave, silently urging her to look at him. When she was almost out the door, she quickly shot him a look. Liam nodded in her direction again, smirking when her cheeks stained red before she darted out the door.

When he looked back into the room, he saw the dirty look Daniel was giving him. He turned to give the man his attention when Anita said something.

"She's not worth it." she hissed at Daniel. He moved his gaze from Liam to Anita. "She's nothing."

Daniel growled, "She's not nothing! She happens to be a good friend of mine and honestly Anita I'm sick of you judging her."

Liam sat back in his chair watching everything unfold before him. Anita hissed at Daniel some more, saying that his friend was only after him for money. Liam almost scoffed out loud. What money? Daniel wasn't earning enough to catch a gold-digger's eye. Daniel went on the defensive while Soriah defended Anita. Richard stood silently, obviously this was a fight that had happened before.

When they were finished, Daniel stormed towards the exit, but left Liam with parting words.

"She's off limits." he growled out. Liam tilted his head.

"Not to me." he wasn't scared of Daniel, and telling him that he couldn't have her, was like waving a red flag to a bull. Liam wasn't going to snatch her out from under Daniel's nose. No, he had left enough of an impression on her that she would most probably leave him on her own.

Daniel glared at him before leaving, giving Liam the last word.

Liam knew for sure that there was one thing that was going to happen on this trip. He was going to have her before he left. And when there was no one to stop him, she wouldn't be able to escape him until he had his fill of her.

After all, he was on vacation.

**********************************************************************

Note: Please be gentle on me. This is unedited, so please excuse an mistakes.