TWENTY SIX

[ xxvi

[ xxvi. CHAPTER TWENTY SIX ]

"Alright, listen up! I'm officially putting this school under lockdown." Sheriff Acosta announces throughout the halls.

"Why don't you try to talk to me? Anything at all... just say anything." Ms. Lang begs while Alex Verona sat in her seat in the classroom, in shock. The tears were still flowing across her face.

Alex Verona was completely broken, while she sat there on her seat, she had thought about the memories she's had with her father. How James Verona would read fables and fairytales to the seven year old Alex as she fell fast asleep.

How James Verona created a huge party for his daughter's tenth party, with a bouncing castle and at the end of the party the father and daughter would have so much fun with the castle.

How James Verona would watch horror movies with his twelve year old daughter, because she wasn't scared at all, though she did cover her eyes during the really gory scenes.

How James Verona held her thirteen year old daughter as she was upset from being rejected and humiliated from a lame ass boy who didn't deserve her at all.

How James Verona waved at her daughter as she walks in to her first day of high school.

How James Verona bought his daughter a car as soon as she got her driver's license, the excitement on her face, he enjoyed. Later, having Alex crash her car after she got into an accident which only worried James Verona, thinking how he could've lost his only daughter.

How James Verona tries to comfort her daughter during the october killings, and how months later she revealed that she was dating Jake Fitzgerald.

Had those arguments, without realizing those were the last time the two would ever speak to each other.

Father and daughter, no more.

"It was all my fault, the last conversation I had with my father was an argument and it's all my fault!" the brunette cries out, as she covers her eyes with her hands, not wanting anyone to see what she looks like.

"It's okay, it's okay. It isn't your fault, none of this is your fault." Ms. Lang tells as she reaches for her hand while Alex stares at her teacher.

Emma Duval felt her phone vibrate as she checks her phone for any messages, she realizes that she didn't get any. She opens her bag seeing an iPhone that doesn't belong to her. She furrowed her eyebrows, seeing it belonged to James Verona. Her eyes widen, as she places the phone back in her bag.

"Kieran, can I talk to you for a second?" she asks while she motions him to the books, as she nods following her.

"You okay?" he asks, concerned over his girlfriend. Emma passes him the iPhone, seeing it was belonged to James.

"It's Alex's father's phone." she whispers to her, very anxiously.

"How did you get this?" Kieran asks, as he was examining the phone. "I found it in my bag." she answers, pointing to her backpack. "What the hell?" Kieran mumbles to himself, furrowing his eyebrows.