25: Know Nothing About It

Loren's POV

I wake up to the sound of yelling upstairs. I rub my eyes and stand up right as my phone buzzes. My mom said she's on a business trip with dad and they will be back by Thursday, and today is Monday. My neighbour will checking up on us every once in a while.

I slowly walk up the stairs as the yelling gets louder, which by then I realize that it's Sabrina and Jacob. I begin to tune into what they are saying the closer I get.

"Why can you understand that he's just a friend? You and Loren were sound asleep together but I didn't get jealous because I know you know better!" Sabrina shouts. I feel my heart skip a beat as she mentions my name in this heated argument.

"Sabrina, I really don't want you kissing anyone's cheek! It gets me to an even more stressed out level to make me think you're cheating on me!" Jacob shouts. Sabrina scoffs.

"Oh, because we all know that you're so stressed out! Everyone, worship Jacob Sartorius because a couple people may not like him when we go back to school!" Sabrina says with irony.

"Are you kidding me? No one will like me when go back to school! Your life is so much more simple than mine!"

"Oh my god, are you kidding me right now?! Are you the one with her college acceptance being on the line because your pregnant? Are you the one that has already lost two friends and who knows how many more as time comes? Are you the one that has so many scars that people point out all the time? Are you the one that's going to be judged by everyone because your pregnant at 17? Are you the one with a child in your stomach? NO, NO I DIDN'T THINK SO!" She yells so loud I swear people from Switzerland could hear her.

"Sabrina-" he's cut off by her starting to gag. She puts a hand over her mouth and runs off towards the bathroom, Jacob quickly trailing behind her. As I hear her morning sickness come out, I slowly creep near the bathroom door. When she's finally done, I hear both of them mumbling sorry to each other over and over.

"I'm so sorry, Sabrina. You know I love you and you know that you're strong, much stronger than I could ever be. I'm so sorry."

Why can't I have a relationship where any fight or argument ends up turning out okay?

•••

Sabrina's POV

"Jacob," I mumble quietly as we lay down on a bed, his arms wrapped tightly around me while I lay my head on his chest. .

"What's wrong?" he asks me. It's funny how Jacob can figure out so easily when something isn't right with me just by how my voice slightly changes tone.

"I'm-I'm scared," I admit. I feel his hand behind to play with a bit of my hair after I say this and he sighs.

"I am too," he whispers. Since when is Jacob scared? "I don't want to go to school. I don't want to face all the judgements about our family." My heart feels like it's starting to sink. Our family. Our own little family that people will be judging. Why would people judge somebody's family when they know nothing about it?

Double update!!
Love you all!
-Kay