11: Insane

"I'll call you as soon as we land," I tell Loren. She gives me one last hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," she says, her voice muffled by my shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I say as we pull away.

"Flight 253 is now boarding," I hear the intercom say. I look at Loren.

"It's time," I say dramatically.

"But when will you be back?" She cries just as dramatically.

"I don't know, but I love you, dear,"
I say. We look into each other eyes and start laughing.

"You two are weird," Tyler chuckles. Loren and I laugh too.

"We have to get going. I love you Loren," I say.

"I love you too Sabrina," she says. We start to walk to our plane with Tyler's mom behind us on her phone. We sit in our seats and the plane starts to take off. I don't know how I survive landing every time. The plane goes so fast that it makes everyone's ears pop. I'm usually asleep, but still.

*skip to house*

It kind of hurts to be back in Canada. I got kidnapped here for at least a year with Mark around the time Gabi threatened to hurt Jacob. It's kind of stressful. Canada is a beautiful place though, no doubt about it.

I'm renting my own little apartment. Mr and Mrs Sartorius had to sign a contract and stuff to let me live on my own since they are my guardians. Since I have my own apartment, I have to have a job. Luckily it's the end of June, so I don't have to worry about school yet.

Tyler was insisting that I live with him, but I lived with Jacob, and look how that turned out. I want Tyler to have a normal life, with a normal girlfriend. Not a 17 year old living with his 16 year old girlfriend. That's just too far.

I'm renting this apartment from my aunt, and she gave me furniture for it for free, which is really nice of her.

•••

"You could just work at the café here in town," Tyler suggests. Currently we are sitting on his bed thinking of ideas for what I could do as a job.

"That might be okay. I could probably just write down orders and serve tables because I suck at math and I can't cook," I say. He laughs.

"I know you can't cook, I know," he says. He should. He was there when I almost burnt the house down trying to make eggs. Tyler on the other hand is amazing at cooking.

"And then maybe I can also work at the Olive Garden, I heard they were hiring," I say.

"Wait, you want to work two jobs? How is that gonna work when school comes around? And besides, if you work two jobs, your not gonna have any summer time" he says.

"How else am I suppose to pay for this apartment?" I question him.

"You don't have to, you could move in with me," he suggests. I sigh.

"Last time I moved into a house with my boyfriend it didn't turn out great. I want to take things slower," I tell him.

"But you're going to be so stressed out and your going to lose your high school experience."

"No I won't. I'm going to see if I can work them one day after another, so like Monday I can work the café, Tuesday I can work at the Olive Garden, Wednesday I can work the café, and so on," I say.

"You have to have one day off at least so I can take you out or you can rest," he says.

"Sure, I'll see if I can take Saturday off," I say.

"Good, at least you have a day off," he says. I smile. I can't wait to be living this life.

•••

Jacob's POV

"I don't understand why I can't!" I shout at my parents.

"Because she moved too far! You can't move there by yourself with her! Are you insane?" My mom exclaims.

"Call it insane if you want, but I know she's living on her own and she needs someone with her! She's never going to depend on Tyler to help her with her savings and keep a house! I need to be with her there!" I say.

"No, you are not moving to Canada, Jacob.
End of story," my dad says. I stomp up the stairs into my room. I shouldn't have bullied her again. I should have just left it alone. If she wanted to be with me, so be it. If she still wants me back after all the times I've hurt her, then let it be. If she knew that I was dangerous she would have backed off. Everyone else around us is dangerous. We are the light that keeps everyone going. Without her here, I'm lost. I'm going insane without her. I nearly failed my finals because I was too focused on her and what I did to her. I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone besides my parents. I was so embarrassed.

I need to go to Canada. I don't care what my parents say. I'm going to be there by Christmas at the latest, I can promise myself that. I will be. I'm going to do whatever it takes to see her. I will do ANYTHING to call her mine again, and that starts off with anonymous gifts. Maybe I can make another Conner Hopes except this will end will. It has to.

Who knows? Another person who makes her really happy could be a new good start.

I'm back from camping! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Your thoughts?

QOTD: Least favourite food? Mine is definitely whipped cream, or cool whip. Call me a criminal, but I find it to be disgusting. I also hate pancakes. I'm such a disgrace, but whatever.

Love you all! Hope you are having an amazing day!
-Kay