16: Treat You Better

2 weeks later

I got a job at a gas station near my house and Starbucks to make more money to see Sabrina. I have about 300 dollars saved up already, money I'll be getting soon from doing my neighbors work, and I'll be getting my two minimum wages pays at the end of the month. They aren't full minimum wages since I don't work every day for each of them, but a fair amount will still be given to me.

I decide to look through Sabrina's room since she's gone. As I am looking through her dresser, I find a secret compartment just under her computer keyboard. Curious, I look inside it and see that there is many unsealed envelopes.  I looked through many of them and see each of them are about her day. Lots of them explain how I hurt her and how Tyler is making a big and good change in her life. This makes me feel sad obviously because I hate how I used to hurt her. I guess when she didn't have Tyler that she had no one else so I'm guessing that is why all of her letters are written to her mom that is not alive at the moment.

The one that hurts me the most is the letter that she wrote the first day I hit her. It basically talks about how she misses her mom and how she thinks that I betrayed her (which I did) and how she never wants to be near me again. This is exactly the reason why I need to see her. I need to apologize a lot, and I need to tell her about my real feelings about her. I know she won't feel the same back, but it's still worth a shot because I know for fact that Tyler will eventually betray her, but I can't exactly diss him because I haven't been very good either.

I decide to look underneath her bed and find a box. I open the lid and find many pictures. None of us like I thought but things from Pinterest by the looks of it. Many of them say different things like, "Write letters to people but don't actually send them to get all of your anger out instead of cutting," and "Draw on yourself with washable marker to get all of your anger out but still being creative and not harming yourself." They are mostly about other alternatives to cutting.

I find another box under her bed. This time it's full of things that I've given her. There's the golden locket I gave her when we were 14. A casual black headband which I knew she would love that I gave to her when she was 16. A CD which I've never seen before.

I put it into my DVD player that is in my room and find out what it is a list of songs,  which many of them relate to us.  I listen to them over and over and over until I've memorized almost all the lyrics and the order of each song. Some of them are funny to me, some of them are sad, and some of them remind me of our happy times together. Some are also written by herself and I know this because I can recognize her voice anywhere at anytime.

Listening to the songs gives me the feeling of being overwhelmed and I decide to just take a drive to try and escape my thoughts. When I get in the car and start driving, I decided to turn on the radio. The song Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes comes on. I begin to listen closely to the lyrics and begin thinking again.

I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I can see it in your face
When you say that hes the one that you want
And your spending all this time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop

Then the chorus starts playing, which gets me thinking about me and Sabrina's situation. I can treat her better than Tyler. Would he really go as far as me by getting two jobs just to pay to see Sabrina? I don't think he would. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has left her already. It seems like something Tyler would do just to leave her when she really really needed someone. I don't trust him at all.

I wouldn't go. I would never leave her side, not again. And I mean it. I would make sure she's always protected and always loved and always safe, and always herself and always happy, and always... us.

I hope you liked this chapter! I did a douple today, you should be very proud of me.

By the way I'm sorry if there's any spelling mistakes. I'm using my tablet and it's very hard to type on it, although right now I'm just speaking into the microphone so it is not making very many spelling mistakes.

By the way, tomorrow and Tuesday and most of Wednesday I will be gone so I will not be able to update. I might do another update tonight you never know. Any ideas would really help! A question,  should I make Jacob come sooner to Canada to meet Sabrina again, or should I wait until around Christmas so she can break up with Tyler?

Good night, good morning, good afternoon, whatever time it is I hope you all are having/ had an amazing day! Love you all!
-Kay