10: Goodbyes

*3 weeks later*

Sabrina's POV

"Are you sure you want to go this far?" Mrs. Sartorius asks me.

"Yes, I'm positive. I'll be back one day, I'll come back to visit, I promise," I assure her.

"So when is your flight?" She asks.

"It's early tomorrow morning," I tell her. She sighs.

"I guess you should pack your bags and say your goodbyes to everyone," she says. I smile at her and give her a hug.

"Thank you," I say before heading to my room. I pull out my suitcase and begin to put my clothing in it. Digging through my drawers, I pick out all of my favourite clothes and fold them, setting them in my suitcase.

"Where you going?" I suddenly hear someone say. I pause and looking through my hair, I see Jacob leaning against my door frame. I roll my eyes and go back to packing.

"Places," I simply answer. He goes up to my drawers and takes my purple crop top that o haven't worn for years. He folds it in half and sets it into my suitcase.

"As in places..." he trails off.

"Canada," I say, taking the crop top out and tossing it across my bed. "And I don't wear that anymore."

"But you know, this use to be your favourite, because it was so classy, yet casual. I haven't seen you wear it in years," he says. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Haven't you seen my stomach? I mean, your friends caused the marks," I say, lifting up my shirt so he can see the faded purplish bruises lining my stomach.

"I know," he says, his tone of voice sounding sad. I call bull.

"Jacob, I don't understand your logic. One minute you like me and act like we're best friends, then the next your leaving new marks and telling me I'm a loser," I say, beginning to get fed up with the games he's playing.

"It's confusing for me too," he responds., grabbing my Mickey Mouse shirt he bought me when I was 14 and sets it in my suitcase too. I take it out and shake my head.

"Then don't make it confusing," I say I'm an obvious tone. He laughs, looking at the ground.

"It's complicated," he says, kicking nothing.

Before I know it, Jacob and I are having a conversation about how half the things are pointless in math, and before I know it, my bag is packed.

"Hey, I'm gonna go and say bye to everyone else. I'm probably not gonna be back for a long time," I say with a laugh.

"Wait, how long?" He says.

"I might visit for Christmas and stuff, but I'm going to be going to high school when I get there," I say. He looks at his feet.

"Oh," he says in a disappointed voice.

"What, do you want me to stay so you can beat me more?" I snap. I've had it with him.

"No," he says, sounding astounded.

"Then why?! You've told me to kill myself, you've told me nobody cares, you've told me you don't care what I do! I don't understand why you get so sad when I'm leaving or when I have another boyfriend, but when your stupid friends are around you have no problem tormenting me and sending me home with more bruises! I'm sick of it! I've trusted you one way too many times. I'm not gonna fall for your trap to be your friend and stay in contact with you, because I don't want to! I'm so sick of your crap! I'm moving to Canada so I can be happy, and I can actually live a good life with my boyfriend," I say. He stands there speechless.

"Screw this. I'm staying at Loren's tonight," I mumble. I grab my bags and after saying goodbye to his parents one more time, I run out the door to my car. I drive away and my first stop is Brandon and Hunter's.

I knock and the door and hear someone shout that I can come in. I open the door and head towards the living room to see Brandon and Hunter  sitting on the couch watching a show of sorts.

"Yo, what's up? Want some nail polish? I got some in my room; a whole bucket full of them," Brandon jokes. I laugh.

"Thanks, but I've already got my own at home," I chuckle. "I actually came here to say goodbye." They both look at me confused and stand up, coming closer to me.

"What do you mean?" Hunter asks.

"I-I'm actually moving to Canada tomorrow. It was a really last minute decision, but I think it's for the best," I tell them. After talking for a few minutes about it, they both give me a tight hug and we say our final goodbyes.

"I'm gonna miss you, Collins. Make sure to text me when your plane lands tomorrow, and when you're there. We'll keep in touch," Hunter tells me.

"I second that," Brandon says. I smile and nod, giving them one last hug before I leave. I go to all of my other friends places and say goodbye to them too. I then head over to Loren's to stay the night there and soon enough, the morning arrives.

I decided to update for you guys before I went on my camping trip! Did y'all like it?
By the way, I'm giving a shoutout to MissSartorius24 so go read her book, "More then bones." Thank you guys!

I hope you lovelies are having a fabulous day!
Thank you for reading! Love you!
-Kay