"I'm sorry. I can't." She said sadly.

"Why not?" Ceaser looked at her confused.

Jules shrugged.
"Because."

Ceaser waited
"Because...?" He asked still waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"Just because." She said, "I'm not going." Jules smirked waiting to see the look of disappointment on his face but it never came instead he smirked at her.

"Sweetheart..." Jules grimaced at the endearment but her heart melted "...I'll be here all night till you decide you're going to go to dinner with me."

Darn it! She wanted him out of her house just as much as she wanted to go out with him.

Ceaser knew the time she caved.

"Just to be sure, you do know I have a daughter, right?" She asked him disappointed in herself for not being able to stand her ground whenever he was around. His presence made her weak, like jelly legs - heart-melting kind of weak. And not to mention the way he was with Ivy.

"This is the second time you're asking me that. But yes, I do know you have a daughter." He waited for her to go on further but obviously, she was also doing the same "How does that affect our dinner plans?"

"Are you kidding?" Jules wondered if he thought she was going to leave Ivy and run away to dinner with him because that wasn't going to happen.

"No, I'm not." He said, "Look, it would be great to go to dinner with just you...but it'll also be much more fun if Ivy came along."

Jules blinked at Ceaser as she became dumbstruck. Who was this guy?

"You should probably get ready," Ceaser said to Jules when she looked like she wasn't going to move.

Jules wanted to say she'd get ready when she darn pleased but instead said
"Of course." She got up from the chair she didn't know she had sat on, it was probably when she was confused by this man.

She went to take Ivy from him.

"Where are you taking her?" Ceaser asked.

Uhm, excuse me?! She's my daughter.
"She might be a child, but she's also a lady. You don't expect her to go to dinner in her play clothes, do you?"

"Right." Ceaser put Ivy in Jules' arms.

"This will probably take long, so make yourself comfortable." She said not giving two foxes how or if he got comfortable or not, ok maybe she did.

"Take your time," Ceaser called after her.

Jules had showered and given Ivy a bath after they got back from the office which wasn't that long ago but she was tempted to take another bath and give Ivy another just to keep him waiting but decided against it.
She went into Ivy's room which was next to hers, taking her cute simple pale pink dress that had just a tiny band at the waist, shoes, diaper and a few other things. She took Ivy to her room, setting her on the bed, she changed her clothes, tidied her hair and placed a headband on her head. Placing her on the carpeted floor, she gave Ivy one of her dolls to keep her busy while she got ready.

Taking out a straight dark-blue gown from her closet and changing into it, she combed her hair and let it cascade past her shoulders. She applied mascara and some lipstick then slid her feet into her nude pumps and picked up a black clutch that had what she needed in it.
She looked at her reflection in the mirror and smiled.

Not bad at all.

She packed extra diapers in a bag with baby powder, lotion and sanitiser among other things. She never went anywhere without Ivy's essentials. Picking Ivy up, grabbing the bag she went to the living room.