Chapter 16

Rose's POV

After the horses were packed we started our journey to the enchantress. Nick, Ben and Caleb rode infront while Keelan and I rode behind them.

"How do you feel?" Keelan asked for the hundredth time. He acted like I was a piece of glass that could break at any moment.

"I'm fine. What do you think is wrong with me?" I asked.

"I don't know, but if there is one person who knows it will be the enchantress." He said.

"Tell me about her." I said.

"I don't know much about the enchantress. All I know is that her mother was the one who created Ms Mousy, Mr Mole and Mr Frog."

"Mr Frog?" I asked.

"Yes, Mr Frog was once a friend, but he left to make a life for himself and he hates the royal family." Keelan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know, it was before I was born." He said. I wondered what the reason was.

The rest of the way was fairly quiet except the occasional question from Keelan, asking if I was still alright. We only stopped for a quick lunch before we carried on with our journey. Keelan was determined to get there as quick as possible.

*-*

Unknown POV

I saw the dark haired girl with the moss green eyes riding on her horse along with the fae Prince. She was a real beauty and I knew from the moment I saw her that she would be the perfect addition to my family. The perfect wife for my son.

I heard them talking about visiting the enchantress. The enchantress was a few days ride away and I would easily make it back in time to catch them when they returned. Giving me enough time to ask someone to help me capture this beauty for my son.

And I knew just the place where to find the perfect candidate.

The human taverns.

-*-

Rose's POV

We made camp outside in the clearing for the first night. The stars were shining brightly and it was as if they were reassuring me that I'll find the answers I seek. I sat on a log staring at the night sky as the knights were busy making dinner. I wanted to help,but they insisted on doing it themselves so I let them be.

Keelan came to sit next to me.

"It's beautiful tonight." He said.

"Very."

"I can feel that you're worried."

"I just want to know what's wrong with me. Do you think my mother knew?" I asked.

"I don't think she did, because if she knew you were magical she might've never let you go with that formoggal." Keelan said.

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"Formoggal?"

"Yes."

"It's a faery cursing word, it sound extremely rude in your language. Thus I will not tell what it means." Keelan said.

"Are you scared I might think differently of you?" I asked.

"No, I just want to use such fowl language infront of beautiful lady as yourself." He said with a mischievous grin. Just then the knights called us for dinner.

After we ate our hearty meal we went of to bed, Keelan taking the first watch. And that night I slept peacefully knowing Keelan was near.

The next two days of the journey went just as the first. And with every passing moment I was getting more antsy to get there.