Chapter 28- Explanations

Start from the beginning

She just rolled her eyes and gave a sarcastic, "ha ha."

She sat up and patted the space beside her. "Sit." She ordered. I did as I was told and sat beside her careful to leave enough space between us. She rolled her eyes again and scooched closer to me." Now tell me about the wolf thing. Is it like what the book say?"

"Some what..." I said.

"What do you mean?" She arched a perfectly groomed brow.

"Well first of all the silver bullets killing us is pure bull. And the thing about the moon changing us is a total exaggeration." I leaned back on my elbows.

"Go on.." She urged.

""The moon does affect us but not in that way." I racked my mind for the simplest way to explain it. "Certain moons give heighten our strength more than it already is, others moons dull our sense. A special moons like the blue moon do more than one things. It draws you to your mate and gives you extra strength."

"That sounds awesome!" Storm boomed.This is the most energetic i've ever seen her. I can't bring her into my world without telling her the good and bad parts.

"It's not always all fun and games. There is a moon that we fear, The Red Moon. It brings out your wolf whether you want it to or not. It buries your humanity and gives complete control over to your animal spirit, your predatory side. You have no idea what you are doing most of the time. Some others have the unfortunate luck of seeing what their wolf does but not having any way to stop it."

"What's so bad about your wolves?" She asked innocently.

"You don't understand." I sat up and sighed. Looking her dead in the eyes I spoke in a cold voice. "We attack anything in sight, anything. We are filled with bloodlust, the urge to kill. We'd kill our own family if we had the chance. "I paused to let it sink in. Maybe she won't want to be with me anymore.

Her small hands cupped my face and lifted it to meet her loving eyes. "If you think that'll scare me away then you're sadly mistaken." She smirked. I looked at her in shock. This girl is amazing.

"Really?"

"Really," she confirmed. "Now back to explanations. What's a mate?"

I smiled gently at her. "A mate is like a soul mate. Every wolf has one. You'd do anything to have him or her. And anything to make them happy even if that's letting them go."

"Am I your mate?" she asked cheekily.

I pressed my lips to hers gently savoring the kiss. I pulled back and asked, "does that answer you question?"

"hmm.."She hummed.

"Wolves belong to different packs which is lead by an alpha." I continued. " The strongest wolf in the pack. The title is usually past from father to son. It's rare for a pack to have a female alpha leading them. That usually happens when their mate, the alpha dies or there isn't any other male heirs in the family. Even then, a male in the pack challenges her for the title." I shrugged. She glared at me. "What?"

"That is so sexist."She grumbled.

"Blame the rules not me." I shrugged again and avoided her glare.

"i wouldn't mind being a wolf," she said thoughtfully.

I smirked and turned back to her." I'm glad to her you say that because you're my mate."

"I kind of figured that out but what does that have to do with being a wolf?" She asked incredulously.

"Wolves tend to have longer life spans than humans."I paused. She nodded at me to continue. "So if a wolf has a human mate, the human go through a change during the mating stages...they become wolves." I smirked.

Skylar's POV.

"How are you doing?" I asked Malik fawning over him. "Are you in pain?"

"For the hundredth time, yes!" He chuckled. I blushed and looked down at my hands on my lap.

"Just making sure."I said embarrassed.

"Come here," he pulled me onto the bed next to him."What happened while I was out?"

I sighed sadly. The burden on my heart weighing me down. "Dawn's forgiven me..."

"That's good." He beamed.

"But Leo doesn't." I continued. "He kicked me out of the pack.

"What?"

"What am I going to do? I can't go back to my old pack, they'd kill me and I don't want to leave you." I sobbed.

"shh..it's okay." He cooed. "I'll talk to him."

"No!" I said quickly. "I don't want your friendship to take anymore blows. I've already done enough damage."

"You listen to me now." He tilted my chin up and stared down hard at me. "You are the most important thing in my life. Where ever you go, I go. I'll protect you no matter what. Do you understand me?" He asked firmly leaving no room for excuses or nos.

I nodded silently. "Good." He said. " And don't worry about Leo, if he's really my friend then he'll understand." He pressed his lips to mine for a split second before scooching down and pulling my with him."Now go to sleep. You look like hell."

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled."You're welcome." 

"