30

"What is this?" My voice came out croaky. I was surprised I still had a voice.

Chris looked guilty as hell and he didn't even try to hide it. I was heartbroken. "You looked through my texts" he finally found the voice to say something to put me in the spotlight.

"What. is. this?" I asked through gritted teeth. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Its not what it looks like." He sighed. He had the audacity to tell me what it did and did not look like!

"What is this?" I asked for the third and final time, this time growing angry.

"I can explain, just hear me out." He said slowly.

"I'm listening." I clenched my jaw and clawed my finger nails into my palm. Any type of pain was better than the one I was feeling right now.

"I don't know how he found my number. But he started texting me and asking me about you." He began talking.

"You helped my ex boyfriend stalk me?" I asked incredulously.

"Please just listen to me. I didn't reply to the texts at first. I couldn't bring myself to it. And then he asked me to put myself in his shoes. He just wanted to know if you were okay."

"He lost that right when he cheated on me."

"But he loves you and just cared about your wellbeing-"

"Don't give me that bullshit Chris!" I spat at him, "you fucking lied behind my back and kept tabs on me! What type of a boyfriend are you?"

He gulped, remorse filling every inch of his body, "I don't know what to say."

"You broke my trust Chris! You are no better than Josh!"

He looked at me, his crystal gaze cracking and it was replaced with tears. "I am not him in anyway. I would never cheat on you-"

"You still broke my trust goddamit! Why the hell did you do that?"

"Because he didn't cheat on you alright?" He said out of breath. His tears fell revealing red eyes, "Josh didn't cheat on you, he wasn't lying when he told you that."

"You actually believe him?" I laughed a humourless laugh.

"Veronica kissed him." He whispered.

"What?"

"Veronica kissed him okay? and he pushed her back. He loved- loves you not her." He took out his phone and showed me a video of Veronica grabbing Chris by the collar and kissing him. Then there was me in the corner, gasping and covering my mouth as I began to cry. I ran away and Josh pushed Veronica off of him. Then he chased me and the video ended.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Is that enough proof now?" Chris yelled at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cried. "Why!" I kept hitting his chest and he let me as he cried to. He slowly held my hands and pried them off his chest.

"I tried to but you thought I was lying."

"And that video? Couldn't you have shown me that?" I ripped my hands away from his touch and wiped my tears, "When did you get that video?"

When he didn't answer, I asked him again. "A week before we started dating." So that's why he was avoiding me that week.

"And why didn't you show me it then huh?"

"Because I love you!" He yelled, "I love you Riya, always have ever since I met you! And I was scared of loosing you."

"Your so selfish!" I retorted. He put his head down.

"I know, I should've shown it to you. But I loved you."

"Maybe that isn't a good enough reason anymore..." I told him and he looked at me with wide bloodshot eyes,

"Riya..."

"I need to go." I walked away but he caught my wrist before I could escape. He turned me around.

"Please, don't leave. We can fix this."

I huffed and shook my head, "fix? really Chris? tell me, what can you do to fix this?"

"I don't know but-"

"Nothing. Nothing can fix this." I told his elaborately.

"No, I can't loose you!"

"Who said you already haven't?" I yanked my hand away from him and he let me.

"You still love him." He said as a matter of factly. I turned around and crossed my arms, "tell me you don't love him!" He turned me around. "Please!"

I felt like crying seeing Chris cry. His tears wouldn't stop. I put my hand to wipe his tears and he let me, "I love you Chris." He smiled brightly through his tears and I felt his chest rise.

"But I think I still love Josh too." I told him honestly. Both boys broke my trust yet my heart belonged to both of them. I never loved anyone more than I loved them. Chris threw my hands away from his face as if he was disgusted my me and he had every right to be.

"Get out." He spat.

"What?"

"I said get out!"

"Chris-"

"You've been playing with my feelings all along Riya. All along you knew you could never love me fully and I was foolish to think I could change that. And after all we've been though, you still love him?"

I looked at the ground, unable to say anything. Yes, I still love him Chris.

"Get out" He repeated more firmly. I raised my eyes to see him pointing to the back door. He didn't even want me to leave through the front door. Was he that ashamed of me?

"Riya, I won't say this again. Just leave, NOW!"

"But-"

"You either stay with me or go to Josh." He cut me off. He was making me choose. Of course I had to choose. This wasn't the best of both worlds. I sniffed and wiped the tear under my eye. I think I knew the decision all along, I was just waiting.

"He was my first love." I approached Chris and he watched my every move, "And you will always be my last."

I walked out the door, never turning to see Chris again even though it might be the last time I would ever see him. I just didn't have the guts. I broke his heart like Josh once did too me. "I'm sorry" I told him before leaving his life, forever.