29

Chris postponed the surprise he had for me to today. I was now in his car and I was contemplating about whether or not I should tell him about the scholarship I got. I was thinking about taking the offer. Running was my passion and after the chat with Chris the other day I realised he was bound to be supportive. We could make long distance work. But if he would be devastated by the news and told me not to take it, I would drop it like it was hot. His opinion mattered to me.

"Sorry I took so long." He said when he got in the car. He picked me up and then said he forgot something important for the date so we drove over to his house.

"No problem. So what did you forget?" I asked growing curious.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you." He joked. "It's something for the date." He said seriously.

"Ooh what?"

"You never tell me stuff so I guess this is my secret." He smirked. The only thing I've kept from him is the scholarship thing so I had no idea what he was talking about.

"That's not true."

"Yes it is. Don't try lying." He gave me a look before driving. I huffed in my seat in annoyance. I was so tired. I barely slept last night as I tried to come up with ways to break the news of my scholarship to Chris softly.

"Anyways, mom wanted me to invite you for dinner this Sunday." He told me when we reached a signal. Emily was really kind she often invited me fro dinner and acted like second mom to me.

"Tell her I'll be there. Oh wait don't, I'll just text her." I pulled out my phone.

"You have my mom's number?"

"Yeah. You have my dad's don't you?" I asked him

"Yeah but... ok now I understand why you said it was weird. I feel you now."

I laughed, "that sounded so wrong." The 'i feel you part'. Chris raised an eyebrow and then he slowly ginned.

"Oh really?" He said in a hoarse voice and suddenly the care became thick with intimate tension.

"Just drive." I laughed.

"Ugh.. now I've got you stuck in my head." He groaned while speeding up the car.

"Woah slow down." I told him, "and I'm right here of course you have me on your mind."

He slowed down, "you know what I mean."

"No, I don't." I told him seriously. He turned to look at me to see if I was lying and I could slowly see his cheeks become pink. How cute was my boyfriend though?

"I'm thinking about feeling you." He said so quietly that I didn't even hear him. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. "Can we just reach there already so I can kiss you?" He whined to himself.

I threw my head back and laugh, "yes boyfriend."

Chris smiled, "I'll never get tired of you saying that girlfriend." Butterflies swarmed through my belly.

——————————

Chris' surprise ended up being a candle light dinner. It was on a rooftop and I felt like I wasn't dressed for the occasion. I was wearing a beige sweater with a shawl and jeans while Chris was wear a grey shirt with trousers. I should've know it would've been somewhere fancy.

I looked at the sky around us when Chris wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me and put his chin on my shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?"