22

Hey readers. Thank you for reading up to this point. I just wanted to tell you that I will be finishing this book very very soon. And I would appreciate if you support me by voting and commenting. Thank you x.

I think this was one of the fastest weekends ever. When Monday rolled around, I didn't want to get off my bed but this time it was because I honestly couldn't believe it was Monday already. Also, I missed having Chris' chest to sleep on which was surprisingly comfortable.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. I'm getting attached to him too quickly. This was bad, really bad.

I put on a black sleepless top with some ripped jeans before throwing on a shawl over my arms. I didn't bother putting makeup or looking at myself in the mirror as I ran out the front door.

I reached class right when class started but thankfully the teacher was busy so I didn't get any scolding or weird stares from the students. I took my seat right next to Chris in math class. He quickly removed the bag he kept on my chair as a way to save my seat.

"Nice hair." He smirked.

"Good morning to you too." I fake smiled before pulling out my books.

He chuckled, "it doesn't seem like your having a good morning."

"Well forgive me if I didn't sleep much."

"You sleep so much though." He replied while flipping through the books.

"So kids, I thought it would be great if we continue from the lesson from last class. Turn to page 78 and finish the exercises there before we continue on the next unit." The teacher said while writing something on the board.

"I only sleep like nine hours." I shrugged. I've been sleeping a lot more lately compared to before. I usually slept five to six hours in my old school with all the late night partying and my demanding social life as Veronica's 'best friend'. I should've known that she didn't even care about me as I cared about her. That backstabber.

"That's a lot."

"I need my beauty sleep." I replied sternly. With all the extra track practice, I felt the need to rest my poor muscles.

"Don't you girls like wear makeup to hide the stuff?" He asked cluelessly.

"By stuff you mean bags?" I pointed to the ones I had under my eyes. "I mean I don't really care so."

"Interesting." He nodded while analysing me with his scrutinising stare. It was like he was trying to unlock all my secrets with his gaze. Like he could look deep enough and understand everything about me. But he couldn't, not when I was clueless myself.

—————————————

During lunch Jake wouldn't stop talking and hugging Chris. He said something about missing him more than his girlfriend. I low key shipped their bromance. I wish someone loved me like Jake loved Chris and vice versa.

"Yo!" Jake snapped his fingers in front of my face to get me out of my trance.

"What?" I asked.

He gestured with his eyes to something behind me and Chris hit him on his shoulder not so subtly. I was so confused. But then I turned around to see Nick telling Miranda something while looking at me before walking out of the cafeteria.

"Lover boy looks angry." Jake mentioned.

"He's not her lover boy." Chris corrected him.

"Yeah he's not." I confirmed but I turned back to see Miranda and Ashley still staring at us. I didn't know what Nick told them but I felt guilty for their constant sad mood.