13- Fire

Recap-

"Yea," I slowly pushed the door open and walked out of the bathroom. "His name just brought up some bad memories." He spread his arms and I went into them. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It's okay," Aaron rubbed my back. I peeked above his shoulder to see Blake and Axel looking at us, with hurt written all over their face. I pushed away from Aaron's chest and walked over to them.

"Sorry for being such a bîtch," I hugged Blake, and Axel hugged me from the back. I could feel Aaron's stare on my back as they embraced me.

For some reason I started to feel like I was in a middle of a love triangle.

Actually, more of a quadrilateral.

Or a polygon.

I hate math.

******

I pushed Blake and Axel's chests away from me and wandered off to my bedroom. I could feel many eyes watching me as I opened my wardrobe and stared at it, my hands at my hips. I wouldn't let Luke affect my life again. And besides, looking good always made me feel better. Using my hands, I pushed apart all of my clothes and looked for something cute and comfy to wear. In the middle of pushing aside a bright green shirt that was from my nightmares, I found the perfect thing to wear. Aaron jumped a little when I shut my bedroom door in his face so that I could change. I put on a black and white striped shirt, paired it with light blue denim shorts, and tied my hair up into a high ponytail.

"Cute," Aaron remarked once I opened the door to reveal myself.

"Need food," I answered as I ran towards the kitchen. My mom and dad had already left, they went to the community center during the weekends to do some volunteer work. After opening the fridge, I yawned and stretched my arms above my head, loving the satisfying feeling I got as I did so.

"How about we make a compromise?" I turned my head to see Blake with his elbows leaned against the table, his chin in his hands, smirking as he watched me open all of the cabinets in search of food.

"What's the compromise?" I tilted my head and pursed my lips.

"We cook for you," he gestured towards him, Axel, and Aaron. "And you stay at home all day today, with us."

"Sureee," that was a win-win for me, but I wouldn't tell that to him. "I'll just lay back and watch you all cook." I went to the couch in the living room and face planted on it. I was tired again. While adjusting myself to a more comfortable position, I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. They flipped me forward so that I was laying against their chest. I looked up to see that Axel had his arms wrapped around me, and that my legs were laying on top of his. His body heat warmed me to an almost uncomfortable temperature, but I was too cozy that I couldn't complain.

"You smell nice," Axel rubbed his chin on my head and pulled me close.

"Weirdo," I tapped his forearm. "Don't go around sniffing people." I wrinkled my nose and reached for the remote.

"I'll get it, shortie," he reached for it and put it in my hands. I was flipping through the channels when I smelled something burning.

"What's that smell?" I smelled the air, and identified the prominent scent of smoke in the air. "Fire?" Axel and I got up quickly before we hurried to the kitchen to see Blake and Aaron frantically trying to stop a pan from burning. Suddenly, the food in the pan lit up in flames, and I could hear the smoke detector going off. "What the hell did you guys do?" I yelled as I filled up a large pot with cold water.

"I don't know!" Aaron was flipping through the cabinets, trying to find something to put the fire out with. I pushed Blake aside and poured the large pot of water onto the pan. The fire immediately went out, and I sighed in relief.

"WHY DID I TRUST THAT YOU TWO IDIOTS COULD COOK!" I yelled at Blake and Aaron. They looked guilty, so I took pity on them and didn't yell at them any more. "Turn that thing off," I pointed to the smoke detector that was still blaring, and looked in a kitchen drawer for a take-out menu.

"Yah!" I turned my head suddenly to see that Axel had hit the smoke detector with a broom. Surprisingly, his method turned off the smoke detector, and all of us sighed in relief as we realized that the problem was solved.

"Anyway..." I flipped through the stack of menus, looking at all the different cuisines. "Do you all want Chinese? Italian? Mexican? Pizza? Indian? Oooo let's get Vietnamese!" I had already decided what I had wanted without consulting the boys.

"Vietnamese?" Aaron asked. "Can I get something with beef in it?"

"Uhh they have something called shaken beef," I read the description. "Cubed beef with onion, soy sauce, tomatoes, and lettuce."

"Sure," he said.

"Well, I want some pho, anyone want to share with me?" I couldn't eat the whole bowl by myself without getting a really painful food belly.

"I'll share," Blake grinned at me.

"Can I get the biggest banh mi they have?" Axel plucked the menu out of my fingers and scanned it. "With some spring rolls too."

"Why's a big man like you eating some delicate rolls?" I teased him.

"They're delicious and beautiful," he smirked. "Like you."

"I'm delicious?" I laughed. "I smell a cannibal."

"No- I-" he stuttered, and I patted his cheek.

"Just teasing," I smiled at him, and he grinned back, causing my heart to flutter. When they say that in movies or books, I always thought that it sounded corny and fake, but now I understadd the feeling. After an awkward pause, I moved away and grabbed my phone so that I could call a restaurant for delivery. As we waited for the guy to come with our food, we all splayed on the couch. I was on my side, my head laying on Blake's legs, getting a surprisingly nice foot massage from Axel, while Aaron was trying to look for some chips in the kitchen.

"Food's here!" I pushed myself up quickly once I heard the doorbell. I was starving, and I wanted to shove food down my throat. "Ouch!" I gasped when I fell on the floor. I hadn't realized that my foot had fallen completely asleep and was so numb that I couldn't even put pressure on it anymore.

"Klutz," I stuck my tongue out when Blake uttered those words. "Come here," he gestured to me to get on his back. With a little trouble, I adjusted myself so that I was in piggy back position and he carried me to the front door. My head was laying on his shoulder so I could peek at the delivery person.

"Wonder if the delivery guy will be cute," I said as I reached for the door. When I opened it, I saw a very familiar blonde haired guy, and my mouth opened. He was as tan as he was the last time I had seen him, and it looked like his muscles had doubled in size.

"Hi dear," Luke grinned at me. "Who's this?"

I paused for a moment before I cringed and slammed the door in his face.

He was back.

******