6- Mr. Badäss

Author's Note

This book has reached 1k reads! Thank you all!

******

Recap-

While placing my feet at the start of the track field, I raised my hands over my head and got ready for a flip. I did a bunch of different combinations of them before I noticed that I had an audience. There was a group of boys sitting on the bleachers next to the field, grinning at my way. I could see Axel, Blake, and Aaron included in them, and I cringed when I remembered how little I was wearing.

The twins looked super angry.

I was in trouble.

******

Awkwardly, I walked over to my bag, pulled my sweater over my head, and proceeded to change from my sneakers into my boots. I could feel many eyes on me as I was unlacing my shoes, and just wanted to run away from this embarrassing situation.

"Angel," I looked up to see Blake towering over me, with Axel standing at his side.

"Heyyyyy," I bit my lip and glanced back down at my feet.

"You don't know how much I want to punch those guys right now for looking at you like that," he clenched his fists.

"This angry?" I used my pointer finger and thumb to show him. "This much?"

"More angry than you can ever believe," he picked up my backpack and slung it over his shoulder. 

"Sorry," I frowned.

"It's okay baby," Axel pulled me up to my feet. I glanced at the bleachers to see that most of the guys had already left. "Let's get to class."

"'Kay." So, luckily, we got to class on time.

During science, I was nearly asleep when I heard the words that would bring me to my doom.

"Emma, you're partnered with Jackson," my science teacher, Ms. Berkeley, said.

"Huh?" I looked over at Jackson to see him grinning.

"Yes Emma?" Ms. Berkeley pushed her glasses higher up her nose.

"Nothing," I whispered.

"Okay, James and...." I couldn't comprehend what she was saying because my mind was frozen thinking about working with Jackson. You probably don't understand why I'm so scared of him, but I'll explain. He was part of the darker side of this school. It was rumored that he was a leader of a gang and an underground fighter. He had a bunch of tattoos and piercings, and only wore black clothing. To be honest, he scared the pee out of me. "Kids," Ms. Berkeley clapped so she would get everyone's attention. "Go sit with your partners for the remainder of the class and discuss what you'll do for your science fair project."

I stood up, bent over to grab my bag, and reluctantly went over to the back of the class, where Jackson sat. He smirked and kicked out a chair for me to sit in.

"Sup baby girl," he winked.

"Hi," I sat down and dropped my bag on the floor. "So, do you want to come over to my place to work on the project?"

"How about you come to my place?" he pulled out his phone.

"Sure," I bit my lip. "What's your address?"

"Give me your phone," I opened my bag, grabbed my phone and handed it to him. "What an ugly phone case."

"What do you mean?" my phone was a white iPhone 6, with a case shaped like a pineapple. Aaron bought me the case as a gag gift for Christmas, but I ended up loving it.

"For starters," Jackson held up the phone. "Why does it say pink if it's green?"

"It's a brand," he still looked confused. "Pink. By Victoria's Secret." His eyebrows were scrunched together, and he looked even more confused. "Pink bags full of lingerie?"

"Oh!" he grinned. "I do love lacy pieces of underwear."

"Gross," I almost puked a little. "Now, just text me where your house is."

"Or, I could just drive you back at the end of school," he tapped his fingers against the table.

"That's a good idea," there was a moment of silence, and he continued to tap his fingers, which was slowly staring to annoy me. "Stop it!" I grabbed his fingers and held them still. "You're going to make me pull my hair out."

"Jeesh, bald is not a good look for you," he ran a hand through my hair and I moved away. "Your hair's nice." He smiled and had a weird look on his face as he looked at my face fondly.

"Thanks," the bell rang, so I picked up my bag and ran out the class. I could almost swear that I heard Jackson chuckling as I hurried out.

At the end of school, I saw the twins with their arms crossed against their chest, leaning against the wall. Their eyes lit up as they saw me. Axel walked over to me, pulled me to his chest and kissed my cheek. Once he placed me on the ground, Blake picked me up and kissed me on my forehead.

"I would love to go home with you," I blushed a little. "But I have to meet up with someone for a project."

"Who are you working with?" Axel asked.

"Jackson," the twins growled as they heard his name.

"No," Blake looked like he wasn't going to change his answer no matter what.

"Why?"

"Because he's dangerous, and you're ours."

"I'm not anybody's," the only person that I actually belonged to was my dog. He had been gone for the last week because he had contacted fleas, and it had been killing me that I couldn't cuddle with him. 

"You're ours baby," Axel growled.

"No, I'm not, now move, I have to leave." I pushed through them and started walking quickly to the school's doors. I took a glance back to see Blake and Axel looking extremely angry.

"Who cares, I just met them a day ago," I said to myself. Once I pushed open the doors and tried to find Jackson, a loud horn made me clutch my hand against my chest. 

"Get in baby girl!" I saw Jackson, with his head poking out a window of a super cool looking black car. 

I opened the door and sat down in the passenger seat. I grabbed the seatbelt to clip in, but Jackson took it and clipped me in before I could do anything.

"Thanks," I blushed at how close he was to me.

"No problem baby girl," he grinned, sat back, and started the car. His driving was like him; reckless and crazy. I held onto the armrests, my legs shaking as he drove faster and faster.

"Slow down! I'm going to throw up!"

"Calm down dear, enjoy the ride." 

As we pulled up at his humongous house, I had no idea how I was going to stay alive for the rest of the afternoon.

******