Nick's Side (final)

Nicks P.O.V

"Soo... How's zootopia, Nick?" My mom nervously asked me. We were all sitting around the table eating dinner. Me and dad were staring at each other. Mom and Judy seemed uncomfortable.

"I can't believe my son would date a rabbit." Dad growled. My eyes widened in anger and disbelief.

"You leave her out of this." I said coldly as I gritted my teeth. Me and dad inched closer as the tension grew. This would only turn into a fight.

"So, where you from, Judy?" Mom asked nervously, trying to break the tension. I eased back as Judy started.

"Well, I was born in bunny borrow and spent most of my life so far there. A couple of years ago, I moved to zootopia since that's where I was located, being that I am a cop." She said. I smiled. Dad raised his eyebrows at that.

"Where'd you two meet?" Mom asked.

"Well, the first day I was put on parking duty, where I saw Nick walk into an ice cream shop" she continued the story. Mom was angry at me for conning such a nice bunny. Dad laughed at that. It felt weird to hear my dad laugh. I've always seen him angry. Never have I heard him laugh, or be happy for that matter.

We continued to talk for the rest of dinner. I tried my best to avoid dad, but I can't succeed. I catch myself angrily glancing at him. Soon, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to say something.

"Why'd you leave us, dad?" I asked blankly. He stopped eating and looked up.

"The question you need to ask Nick, is where have you gone?" He said angrily.

"What?" I asked.

"What kind of a fox would become a cop? Or date a bunny? She's your natural enemy! You should be hurting her!" He said slamming his fists on the table.

"Times have changed! And this, bunny, is the most precious person that has ever come into my life. What kind of fox an I? A better fox than you could ever be!" I yelled. He looked at me in disbelief.

"What did you say?" He asked coldly. I repeated what I said. Before I could react, he lunged across the table and started to strangle me. I fell to the ground with him wrapping his paws around my throat. His grip got tighter and tighter. I couldn't breathe. I started to see a bright light coming into my vision. For a second, everything was peaceful.

I came back to when dad let go of me. Judy had just pushed him off my. He payed on the ground as Judy ran to me.

"Nick! Are you okay?" She asked. I quickly hugged her knowing that, if I had gone into the light, I wouldn't be there for her anymore. I looked to the left to see my dad pull out a revolver and aimed it at Judy.

"NO!!" I yelled as I ran in front of Judy, to where my back was the only thing that could get shot. Within milliseconds, I felt 3 bullets go into me. I stopped. Judy was in my arms. I looked down at her to see that my blood was now all over her. I tasted blood in my mouth. I looked down to see three holes in my torso. My knees fell to the ground.

"Judy..." I managed to weakly say. I fell on my side as I felt blood escape my body. The shots started to sting. Everything was going in slow motion. My ears were ringing. I saw the light again.

"Nick!" I heard Judy faintly say before my eyes closed.

5 days later.

I woke up to the sound of chirping. My mouth felt dry. My body ached. I went to sit up, when I felt pain in my body. Then it all caked back to me. I looked around the room for Judy, but didn't see her.

Then I heard a door open.

"Nick!"