Struggle

"these songs were a result of struggle. struggle is something that everyone experiences. why we all walk around pretending that we don't is a problem deeply rooted in our human makeup. you will find heavy and dark lyrics strategically disguised by catchy melodies and creative song structures. we would like you to think and write for yourself. writing down what you think is imperative. a human must create. that's why we were created."

(-Twenty One Pilots Myspace 2010)

It has been a little over a year since Twenty One Pilots was created in that little dorm room of that college Tyler and Josh had met at.

And since then, the road they choose to take was a crazy rollercoaster.

From when they started out to just three people in the crowd, it seemed like those people just kept on bringing more and more. It was like when one person came back they brought one friend, then that friend bought another and another and another. 

And well, it payed off for their next hometown show.

Getting prepared for the hometown show was most crazy to say the least.

It was only some days away, and they got note that they had sold out the place.

They, Tyler and Joshsold out the Newport Music Hall in their little town in Ohio.

They couldn't believe it in the slightest bit.

Tyler almost everyday asked if he was dreaming... Josh always had to tell him no.

Also since that they're one of the first bands to do so, they had much to live up to.

However, given that, Tyler and Josh wanted to take one day off of rehearsing and preparing and went to church on the Sunday before the show. It was an amazing church that they belonged to, it was the one that Jenna was involved in before, one of their first gigs... and now another.

They weren't playing their songs though, it was a holiday service since Christmas was coming up. They were invited to play just one song, but they played a bunch of holiday songs.

The service was being televised on the local television system so they got to pick one song to sing on live television. So Tyler picked "O come, O come Emmanuel." Tyler even got a backup of guitars, keyboard, bass, and with Josh on the drums of course.

It was something that the two really needed and it made them feel even just the slightest better and relieved the nervousness and anxiety for just a few hours.

___________________________________________________________

"Tyler, Josh... you're not going to believe this..." Mark said as they got home from the event.

"Why, what's up?" Tyler asked, almost concerned.

They all sat down on the couch, waiting for Mark to elaborate.

"I got a call from a record label." He said.

"What?!" Josh said.

"No way?!" Tyler said.

"Who was it?!"

"What record label?!"

"You're not joking are you?!"

"This is insane!"

"Guys, calm down, okay jeez."

"We're not going to calm down! This is huge for us! We're just two guys who like to play music together!" 

"What label was it, Mark?" Josh asked.

"It's the one called Fueled By Ramen? The label who signed Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy, yah know?"

"OHMYGOSH!?!??!!" Josh said standing up, unable to contain his excitement.

"There's no way... it has to be a joke right? We're just two guys... playing music." Tyler said. 

of course you're doubting yourself, you don't even need me to

Tyler shook his head.

Mark spoke up, "I honestly thought that too, at first... then I found this in the mail."

He handed them a letter labeled:

TO TWENTY ONE PILOTS, 

TYLER AND JOSH.

FROM FUELED BY RAMEN.

Mark continued, "I opened it because I didn't want it to be  fake and I didn't what you guys to be sad... and it seems really legit, guys."

"Holy crap." Tyler said as he and Josh read through the letter.

"I say you guys go for it." Mark said.

"We should!!!" Josh agreed.

Tyler looked to both of them, them both nodding and smiling.

"I guess.... it's worth a shot?"

___________________________________________________________

There was:

 a slight breeze swaying through the room.

a thump, thump, thump of a heartbeat.

a bright light being seen through kaleidoscope eyes.

the shaking of nerves in every inch of a body.

the rise and fall of restless lungs.

a want to believe.

and two blank lines to fill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Author's Note  

Ayeeeee. Sorry for not updating in like... a month. Stuff and life, happens so, yeah.
Also, it's sad to say, but this story only has one (technically two but still) more chapters left........
But it's finished that way I finally planned it and liked it to, so I'm happy about that.
It just sucks that it couldn't have been longer and better in some places but I honestly have no more ideas with this story so I believe it's done.
So, thank you for reading, and for supporting and leaving comments.

Stay Alive |-/

-Alice