That One Time...

They started playing a song and things were seeming going okay... 

That was until Tyler looked around to the crowd. Some guys were sipping from red cups trying to hit on the girl next to them. A couple to the left were getting it on to no return. Others were too drunk to even realize what was going on. No one was really paying much attention.

why would they want to anyway?

Tyler shook his head as he continued to sing

"My drums!" Josh shouted. 

Tyler looked over to see Josh pushing a guy with his pants around his legs over onto the ground.

A guy came drunkenly running around the corner of the house yelling "The cops are here! We have to shut it down!" 

"We were barely finished with one song..." Tyler mumbled.

  ________________________________________________________

| Whoa. Backtrack, maybe some context to this situation could be useful. |

  _________________________________________________________

A new day brought new light and new opportunity to the boys of Twenty One Pilots. They were offered to play at a frat house for a party, which was completely new territory for them.

"Why are we playing there again?" Tyler asked as they closed the back of the van shut.

"It's a show, and it's fifty bucks. Better than nothing." Josh explained.

"It's just weird though. A frat house, ugh. I just don't like the whole idea of a frat house. Only letting in certain people who fit your 'likes;' it's stupid."

"Yeah, it's quite dumb. We should get going though."

Tyler sighed as he got in the car and Josh and him drove away.

It was just them two on this road trip. Mark wanted to stay behind for work and to see if he would get anything back from the "What's Your Story" video entry.

Tyler wasn't too optimistic about the whole thing. There are so many other people in the world who could enter in for that same thing and their creations could be so much better than there's, he didn't see much hope in it, but he was grateful of the 'poem' he wrote. Tyler took out his notebook and started writing on the concept in his head.

My life only affects only 0.000001% of the population. So why does my life matter? It doesn't actually. Why do I still carry on? Will I ever find something to hold onto? Why do I let my insecurities take control of me? Why can't I control myself? Why do I let my doubts tell me that they're judging me? That they're going to attack me. We're meant to feel all these emotions but why can one overpower the other? Why can I feel depressed for years and not remember the last time I was truly happy with myself? There's always joy to feel, but happiness is different. It's like when it's summer and you get too hot, it's so easy to cool down. However in winter when you're too cold, why is it so much harder to warm up? Sure there's probably a scientific way to explain it. I can feel so depressed in winter and it's so hard to be more happy, I guess. It's sorta the seasonal depression or whatever. I hate winter is what i'm saying. I just feel so lost.

Tyler re-read his entry. There was something off about it, but he didn't know what. He looked to every single letter to every single word... until he got it and he decided to write about it. 

Am I the only one I know
Waging my wars behind my face and above my throat?
Shadows will scream that I'm alone,
But I know we've made it this far

Something felt missing from the words he just wrote. He felt like something should go in somewhere, but again, didn't know what, but this time he just left it and put a little note to help remind him the next time he looked at it.

At least something was coming together.

____________________________________________________

When they got to the frat house, it was already nearing night and their show was soon to begin. They began to set up everything and a member of the frat house, they assumed, came up to them.

"Here's the money! I can't waiitttt for your show, duddess!" he said.

"Thanks..." Tyler said as he took the fifty dollars from his hands.

"Rock on!" The guy said as he went back inside the house.

"Oh my gosh. How is he drunk already?" Tyler asked.

"It's a frat house... what do you expect?" Josh explained.

They two finished setting up and began their show.

  ________________________________________________

| They we go, now that you all are all caught up, let's continue from where we left off from the beginning.|

  __________________________________________________

  "We were barely finished with one song..." Tyler mumbled. 

Three police officers came from inside the frat house.

"Sorry guys. Party's over!" One yelled.

Tyler shook his head. He didn't even say anything. He just helped Josh pack up his drums and the amps and the two headed home.

"It wasn't all that bad..." Josh said.

"You're right... it was absolutely terrible." Tyler said.

"Tyler..."

"I'm going to try and rest. Wake me when you want to switch." Tyler said as he climbed to the back seat and laid down.

For some reason he couldn't stop thinking about the three police officers. What was their reason to affect him so greatly?

He fiddled with his pen in his hands, before he got off trying to remember the lyrics to a past song he wrote. The lyrics that meant so much to him. Three police officers... three men. 

A light bulb went off in his head.

He didn't have his old notebook with him so he just hummed the lyrics in his head.

So the hearse ran out of gas
A passenger person grabbed a map
And the driver inside it contrived a new route to save the past
And checked his watch and grabbed a cab
A beautifully plain taxi cab
A cab, had it cleared out back and two men started to unpack

Driving once again
But now this time there were three men
And then I heard one of them say,
"I know the night will turn to gray
I know the stars will start to fade
When all the darkness fades away
We had to steal him from his fate
So he could see another day."

Then I cracked open my box
Someone must have picked the lock
A little light revealed the spot
Where my fingernails had fought
Then I pushed it open more
Pushing up against the door
Then I sat up off the floor
And found the breath I was searching for

Then there were three men up front
All I saw were backs of heads
And then I asked, "Am I alive and well or am I dreaming dead?"
And then one turned around to say,
"We're driving toward the morning, son
Where all your blood is washed away
And all you did will be undone."  

Tyler tried not to break down in tears and look out his notebook and wrote one last line before trying to sleep.

The morning will bring light, and I will seize the night.